Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Flatware to go with Fiesta dishes

loves2read
11 years ago

We have bought home in FL for vacation/seasonal living...

one-story typical rancher with tile roof...

the kitchen has been redone by prior owners with more contemporary look--cherry toned cabinets, dark brown/black granite/SS appliances. It is now open to front area where we will have seating and dining sections.

I bought mixed set of Fiesta dishes to use...but I am having trouble deciding on flatware to go with them...

We are going with more of a cottage look than mid-century or tropical...

want good quality flatware--18/10 or 18/8 vs 18/0 even if we won't live there full time...

don't like the problems with 18/0 and don't want to hand wash...this will be used for all occasions so want it to be nice enough for guests but don't want to spend any more than necessary either...loved a pattern from Ricci with faux bamboo but trifle expensive at $50 a setting

I prefer knives with larger handles--even the Continental style with oversized pieces but that does not really seem to fit the look of Fiesta...

or am I over analyzing?

definitely don't want to use the Fiesta flatware with the multi-colored handles...too circus-like...

Suggestions/pictures appreciated...

Most photos of Fiestaware I have seen show the related flatware so aren't helpful...

Comments (2)