Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flatware to go with Fiesta dishes

Posted by loves2read (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 10:43

We have bought home in FL for vacation/seasonal living...
one-story typical rancher with tile roof...
the kitchen has been redone by prior owners with more contemporary look--cherry toned cabinets, dark brown/black granite/SS appliances. It is now open to front area where we will have seating and dining sections.

I bought mixed set of Fiesta dishes to use...but I am having trouble deciding on flatware to go with them...
We are going with more of a cottage look than mid-century or tropical...

want good quality flatware--18/10 or 18/8 vs 18/0 even if we won't live there full time...
don't like the problems with 18/0 and don't want to hand wash...this will be used for all occasions so want it to be nice enough for guests but don't want to spend any more than necessary either...loved a pattern from Ricci with faux bamboo but trifle expensive at $50 a setting

I prefer knives with larger handles--even the Continental style with oversized pieces but that does not really seem to fit the look of Fiesta...
or am I over analyzing?
definitely don't want to use the Fiesta flatware with the multi-colored handles...too circus-like...

Suggestions/pictures appreciated...
Most photos of Fiestaware I have seen show the related flatware so aren't helpful...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flatware to go with Fiesta dishes

Would something like the one I've linked below feel right?

Alternatively, you could buy vintage on eBay. I find that new medium priced 18/10 doesn't hold the finish the way 30-year-old 18/10 does. For a cottage feel, you could even mix and match.

Here is a link that might be useful: Windermere

o
RE: Flatware to go with Fiesta dishes

Look online at QVC. They sell large sets or 5 piece place settings and carry mostly Reed & Barton, some designed by Isaac Mizrahi. We got a set of R&B from them, probably ten years ago. It is very good quality SS 18/10 and still looks new.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here