|We have bought home in FL for vacation/seasonal living...
one-story typical rancher with tile roof...
the kitchen has been redone by prior owners with more contemporary look--cherry toned cabinets, dark brown/black granite/SS appliances. It is now open to front area where we will have seating and dining sections.
I bought mixed set of Fiesta dishes to use...but I am having trouble deciding on flatware to go with them...
want good quality flatware--18/10 or 18/8 vs 18/0 even if we won't live there full time...
I prefer knives with larger handles--even the Continental style with oversized pieces but that does not really seem to fit the look of Fiesta...
|Would something like the one I've linked below feel right? |
Alternatively, you could buy vintage on eBay. I find that new medium priced 18/10 doesn't hold the finish the way 30-year-old 18/10 does. For a cottage feel, you could even mix and match.
Here is a link that might be useful: Windermere
|Look online at QVC. They sell large sets or 5 piece place settings and carry mostly Reed & Barton, some designed by Isaac Mizrahi. We got a set of R&B from them, probably ten years ago. It is very good quality SS 18/10 and still looks new.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.