Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Silver Identification

Posted by nanny2a (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 10:40

You all did such a great job identifying that last silver pattern inquiry, I thought I�d add mine. This is silver that my DH inherited from a deceased aunt. I have no idea what it is. Do you?

photo IMG_2503_zps823960c6.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Silver Identification

If you could provide a manufacturer's name, it would help immensely. Check on the back of a fork.

o

No help there, unfortunately. All I can read is STERLING.

o

Did you use a magnifying glass? Are there any other marks? Sorry to keep asking, but there are a million sterling patterns, so any information you can provide to narrow the search is helpful.

o

Your photo is also a little blurry. You might contact Replacements.com and see if they could help with a photograph ID.

o

I used a magnifying glass, and couldn’t find anything else. I sent a better photo months ago to Replacements, and never heard back from them, so got discouraged and forgot about it. Perhaps I’ll dig out that older photo and give it another try.

Since y’all were so quick with the other identification, I thought maybe someone here would recognize this pattern, too. It’s not that different from my Gorham Chantilly, which I have service for 6 in. This set is another service for 6, so I’ve married the two sets and we’re in great shape with our sterling pieces for all our holiday and family gatherings.

o

What is the stamp on the knife blade?

o

Well, that's not very helpful of the folks at Replacements! Guess they have gotten too 'big'. Maybe if you try to call and speak with someone in customer service and get an email to send the photo to you might have better luck. It does look similar to Chantilly now that you mention it. Could it be something English or German perhaps? Glad you have several place settings and can use it!

o

Whatever pattern it is, I like it a lot and I love the shape of the knife handle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here