Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
declansmom_gw

calling ttodd.....

declansmom
14 years ago

I saw your reply on megsy's "bedroom inspiration" thread, and I was wondering if I could see your brown, green, cream and white rooms. I am re-doing my LR with browns, creams and whites and I need a "pop" color for accessories. I was thinking either lime green or palladium blue.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

• ttodd
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Sure, here are some that I have. I just went through my Photobucket acct. and pretty much posted all that I had in there so some aren't straight cream, green, brown and black. I have a bunch of binders that I can also go through and get more pics loaded of exactly that color scheme you're looking for when I have some quiet time away from the kids:

My desk & LR:

More Ins. Pics:

• declansmom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you ttodd....I am at work, but when I get home, I will relish each pic and hopefully find some scheme that I think I can accomplish!
    I love the pics of YOUR home. It looks so comfy and cozy!
    I don't want you to go crazy, but if you can "get more pics loaded of exactly that color scheme you're looking for", I would be so appreciative.
    My life is so insane right now, and my brain just cannot function without visuals.
    Thanks again!

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

ttodd, you sure know how to pick em..........

gorgeous details to look over and over again.

• redbazel
    14 years ago

Beautiful. I should save those too. I'm always looking for them.

Red

• tinam61
    14 years ago

ttodd - LOVE your desk and your office! I hope you don't mind that I saved your desk/secretary picture. I have a very similar piece - two actually - and one I always have closed up. I'm actually thinking of moving around a couple of pieces in my great room - moving the desk/secretary across a corner and leaving it open, with a chair. Love, LOVE how you have your accesorized!

The one in my bedroom stays open, but the accessories don't look half as good as yours! Thanks for the needed *push*. I'm inspired now!

tina

• ttodd
    14 years ago

Thanks guys. It's funny how when you put things all together you can start to determine how or what your really gravitate towards style wise as oppssed to what you think is just really pretty but realize is not YOU but you still like it a lot!

Tina - thanks for the compliment on the desk. We have very small rms. and I found that the drop down desk was perfect to serve as BOTH a side table and a writing area for myself in our LR. Of course my desk only stays this way for so long before containers of crayons and coloring books mixed w/ decorating stuff is piled high!

My goal is to have it serve as my 'Decorating/ Letter writing spot' only. Les and a few others suggested a standing flr. lamp and I've been keeping my eyes open for a nice (and affordable) silver/ nickel type apothecary one. I'd really like to be able to close it up because there is a beatifully carved medallion on the front. DH's great grandfather made this desk so I feel very lucky writing at it. DH gave me a really pretty feminine frenchie chair that goes perfectly w/ it. I'm going to have the seat reupholstered on it. DH also gave me his grandmother's writing desk and refinished it for me for my birthday. That is also a beautiful piece but stored in the basement due to lack of space.

• redbazel
    14 years ago

I want to bump this up because the collection of photos is wonderful........

Red