Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceiling paint, no trim, no idea

Posted by jubilante (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 10:25

This is a bad picture of the area we are about to paint. The flat area is the kitchen with 8ft ceilings. The adjoining area is vaulted with beams. How do we transition (if at all) from the wall color to the ceiling? We've settled on Agreeable Gray by SW which is pretty light. Yes, this is a DIY project for this week.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceiling paint, no trim, no idea

Are you leaving the ceiling white? Is so, I would paint the vertical section the same color as the walls.

ML

o

see attached

o

Just my opinion, but following beverly27's labeling system, I would go:

white, white white
gray, gray, gray

o

Why not paint it all a respectable color of gray or do the 50-50 cut of the gray for the area that is marked white and full gray color on the areas marked gray.

o

are the drywall corners curved rather than straight? that would make painting straight lines alittle more tedious...
i would probably paint everything except the beamed ceiling gray since it is so light... actually, i would probably paint it like that even if i had sharp drywall corners!

o

I agree with beverly

o

I'd paint it all like Busybee says and then add some of the gray to your white paint to blend the beamed ceiling to the rest of the shade. I wouldn't chop up white in the mix.

o

Yes, all bullnose edges. We're thinking about all Agreeable Gray, just don't want to feel closed in with the 8ft area. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here