|We have a 100% wool striped Karastan rug in our basement that I would like to protect from stains. The Microseal would be a bit too pricey considering the size of this rug. The application company suggested this Maxim product, which works differently and is half the cost of the Microseal. I'm not affiliated with any of these products, I'm just looking for comments as to the efficacy of it and, most importantly, the safety of it in terms of not making colors run, etc. Thanks|
Here is a link that might be useful: carpet protector
|When I was looking into Microseal I read everything I could about the various products, including Scotchguard w/ teflon, Maxim, and Ultraseal. I found an interesting conversation among people who clean and treat carpet for a living (their online forum) below.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Discussion about sealants for carpets by people who do the work
|thank you, that was very helpful. i'm going to go ahead with my appointment to have it applied and post back if anything out of the ordinary happens.|
|I can't be any help but I can tell you that a wool Karastan wears like iron. You will love it!|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here