Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cliff_and_joann

Gorgeous Home in Brooklyn

cliff_and_joann
9 years ago

check out this unique and magnificent home in Bklyn NY.
I sure would love to tour it in person.

It's known as the Gingerbread Home.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gingerbread home

This post was edited by cliff_and_joann on Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 10:24

Comments (15)

• joyce_6333
    9 years ago

Love it! My favorite style. So full of personality as compared to homes being built today. Would love to see pictures of the "fountain room". Our last home, a 6500' Arts & Crafts, but not at grand as this one, also had a fountain room. A rather interesting feature.

This post was edited by joyce_6333 on Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 10:35

• dlfrun66
    9 years ago

I love it!!!

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

That's a beautiful house. It would be fun to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Thanks so much for sharing the link.

This post was edited by Fun2BHere on Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 10:40

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

wow! Some of the interior elements I really love...painted fabric ceilings! The beautiful glass windows! The carved woodwork!

But the exterior, not so much...it's a little too roly poly for me...

Thanks so much for pointing this out...they certainly were generous with the pics of the place!

• powermuffin
    9 years ago

LOVE that home-everything about it! The craftsmanship makes me drool. You just don't find that attention to detail today.
    Diane

• nancybee_2010
    9 years ago

I think it's wonderful. I wouldn't mind living there at all! So interesting to look at. Thanks for sharing, joann!

• aputernut
    9 years ago

Does it have central AC? take noticed to the window AC units hanging out in several windows., that's a wee bit tacky. DH said the one wavy roof area is worrisome, but he could spend a week studying the workmanship, and craftsmanship.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

I think the rough outside is quite beguiling. I would never have looked inside based on the obstreperous exterior had you not shared it with us.

I love the interior, everything about it, especially the beautiful and patinaed woods, the great floors, cabinetry, glass, the look of a home layered of various textures, woods, styles,carvings, glasses from another time. I wonder if hobbits ever lived there.

It's a lovely place and I am happy you shared it with us. Thank you.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Honestly, I am not a fan (and I lived in a Craftsman style home for 26 years).

• voila
    9 years ago

They still make small fairy cottages with the rolled shingle roof. The swoop of the roof is intentional and part of the charm. I thought I would like the interior of the Brooklyn house, but alas, I have been ruined by high ceilings and large windows. The master bedroom was lovely. The small, intricate details were intriguing. In person it may not feel so dark and claustrophobic to me.

• Begonia2005
    9 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous. If I could, this is what I would buy. Or make that "inherit".

Traditional, full of character, with an air of "old and inherited" because we all know, deep down, that "inherited" is best. :-))

Speaking of personal style. :-)

• rockybird
    9 years ago

It's a neat home, but it's not my style. It seems a little dark and oppressive.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

Wow, thanks for sharing this ! so unique and full of details, it's astounding !!

• amykath
    9 years ago

Gorgeous detail. I admire such a home. So much thought and work went into it. However, the low ceilings, dark walls and the ornate work would not be for me. However, you have to appreciate such quality in a well build home such as this!

• caminnc
    9 years ago

I think it's kinda creepy! JMO