Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I went to Brimfield flea mkt yesterday...

Posted by sueb20 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 9:59

I'm supposed to be resting according to dr's orders since I've had trouble shaking my pneumonia from 4/5 weeks ago, but....I had arranged long ago to meet up with an old friend, so I just had to do it. (DH has ordered me to stay in my pj's for the rest of the weekend!)

Anyway, we were there for 8 hours and covered the whole thing. We stopped only for a quick sandwich. I didn't have a specific goal other than to hang out with my friend and maybe find a small bureau/nightstand for our little guest room. Figured that would be easy to find but I never found what I was looking for. However, I did find a coffee table for our family room...which wasn't at all on my agenda even though I was sort of getting tired of the metal one we had. Last night I rolled the metal one out to the screen porch, where it is PERFECT. And set up my new $80 coffee table inside.

It's obviously an old kitchen table that has been cut down. It has a leaf which makes it too big for the space but if we have need for a big game table during a party or something, the leaf will be great to have.

It's a bit quirky but I really like it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I went to Brimfield flea mkt yesterday...

Awesome find, love it!

o

So enjoy those "magical moments" when we find what we weren't looking for.

Hope you continue to improve healthwise!

o

Oh I love it!! I l also really like your rug.

o

Great find....now rest!

o

I love a table that's big enough to be useful! Like the clipped corners and turned legs, too. Don't you love finding something perfect when you weren't expecting it? Glad you are feeling better!

o

This post brings back memories. Originally from CT and now in AZ. I've been to Brimfield......WOW. It's a mind boggling display. Congrats on your find!

o

Same here phonelady, used to live in Boston and made it to Brimfield once ... the kids were little then and it never seemed like a good time to be away for the whole day and it can be pretty hot this time of year.

o

Good find! Congratulations and hope you recover fully soon.

o

It only took me a little over an hour to get there, and yet it had been probably 10 years since the last time I'd been! My friend and I have vowed to make it an annual event now.

I definitely saw enough interesting things that I could have outfitted a whole house if I had to... just don't have any space for much new stuff right now. Also, sometimes we'd want to return and re-look at something but we couldn't orient ourselves enough to find it the second time!

o

So fun, continue to feel better!

o

SCORE!!!!

o

Very nice table. I love antique pine. Get better!

o

If you don't mind, could I ask where you got your rug? I have a yellow room with navy leather sofa. Have been searching for months for the right rug so that I can move on to fabrics for chairs, but yellow has been proving a hard color for other than contemporary rugs. I love yours!

o

Sue, shame on you and lucky you all in one. I do hope you start kicking the pneumonia out. That's nothing to mess with dear. I'm with your hubby. Please do give your body time to rest.

o

You lucky duck! Neat table. I'm less than an hour from Round Top and 'do my duty' and go twice a year. I have hopes of getting to the Brimfield Market some day, but my travels seem to take me more south than east.

o

What a curious way for a table to open for a leaf, especially when it was full size. Love the novelty.

o

That's my kind of find that I'm always trying to find!

o

Meau, that's a Nourison Nourmak rug (flat weave). I have a rug in the adjacent living room in the same brand, different design but same color palette. I got mine several years ago from Decora Rugs online, but I don't think the store exists any more.

Arcy, you're right, I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out.

o

Thanks so much, will check out Nourison.

o

Love the table. I bought an antique kitchen table when our three were young. DH cut the legs down so we could use it in our den. Had a drawer so it was perfect to hide remotes, crayons, etc. Still using it today! Great find!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here