Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how do you decorate with wall plates like these? pics included

Posted by needsomeadvice (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 8:29

Hi everyone,

I received the below Dutch wall plates (i'm not sure about the name) as a gift and I am clueless as to how to hang them and where. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how do you decorate with wall plates like these? pics include

Your photo gives no sense of scale, and it's hard to make suggestions w/o knowing what your style is, what your house is like, etc.
You can buy plate hangers at craft stores, so there's the how.

o

"Confessions of a plate addict" hung 3 on her fireplace like this. Pretty.

o

I have 2 plates on a wall mounted, wrought Iron plate rack. I had a tough time finding one for 2 plates. Most readily available are made for 3 plates.

They also sell display shelves with groves for the plates.

Lastly, I'll mention that these need to be displayed on a wall with color. If they are hung on a white it off white wall, they will be too blendy.

They are a lovely set.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plate rack

o

Pretty sure they're Royal Copenhagen, i.e. Danish, not Dutch.

You'd probably need more plates to create a vignette.

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorating with white plates

o

Thanks so much everyone! dilly_ny, good point made on the wall colour.

o

You're right there nosoccermom, they are Danish. Royal Copenhagen, with the blue sign at the back of them. They're gorgeous aren't they? They need a perfect place to look their best.

o

what size are they?

o

You could set them on top of matching corbels with a picture or other wall art inbetween. That's what I did with two out of three matching plates I have. Plus you can find all sorts of pretty corbels online.

Nice plates!

o

They are absolutely lovely. I have never met a beautiful plate that I don't want to hang! Please post pics when you have found the right spot for your beauties!

o

Oop! Crooked, but here's my kitchen trio, and probably too rustic for your elegant plates. I have several of the blue and white RC, but the all white are really lovely!

o

Martinca: Love your plates and your wall color too. Would you please tell me the color of you walls. The plates and the wall color works wonderfully together.

o

Marti, I love your blue and white plates! They are so lovely and I agree with gagesgranny about your lovely wall color.

o

Thanks, holly. And Gage's. The plate's are actually black and white Spode in a rust tone metal rack.
Walls are Cameo, from a California paint company, Dunn Edwards.

o

hey guys i did some more research on this and i have come up with some great discoveries to share with you.

1. the official names to these are: Royal Copenhagen plaques. These two pieces I have shared with you here are 2 out of a collection of 4 plaques which together make up the so-called Four Seasons of Life. Check them out on google they're gorgeous.

2. Now regarding hanging and framing, unfortunately since our wall is clear white it doesnt make sense to hang them up on the wall so we are considering mounting them on a velvet frame, something like this... http://p2.la-img.com/255/11673/3034247_1_l.jpg

Thank you everybody for your feedback you're very helpful! Have a good weekend!

o

Those are so beautiful. Why not mount them like they're mounted in your link?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here