Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer59_gw

What furniture would look good.

Jennifer59
9 years ago

Getting ready to look at furniture. What furniture would look good in this space? The chair in the pic will be gone ...The area rug is 8x10.

Comments (4)

• amykath
    9 years ago

Can we see some more photos of different angles? Do you like bright colors or subdued? I can see a number of choices, but not sure what you are going for. Do you want a sectional or a sofa? Do you prefer coffee tables or ottomans?

Looks like you have a great space for many options.

One thing I can tell is you would need something under the tv to balance it. You could use an antique buffet or a console.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Agree with artillery, re: more photos. It would also be helpful if you could give people some idea as to what you like, i.e.: contemporary, traditional, rusticâ¦.

I hope it's okay to say that I think that rug is way too small, even for just that area you're trying to create a seating area around.

• mclarke
    9 years ago

It looks like there might be a heating vent in the wall under the TV. Which means that whatever furniture is placed there will have to be open -- like a table or some open shelving.

Also, I might paint the vent to match the wall color...

• luckygal
    9 years ago

Jennifer, it`s not about what will look good to others, it`s about what will make the people who live in the house happy, contented, and pleased with their choices. You alone (and anyone else living there) have to choose the style(s), colors, textures that you like. When you find things you cannot live without you will know what to buy.

I suggest you look at lots and lots of pictures (try Pinterest and Houzz or google particular styles) and go to furniture showrooms to see what resonates with you and your significant other.

Never choose furniture, clothing, or anything based only on the impression you think it will make on others. That is not the way to a happy life.

If, as others said, you tell us your favorite styles, colors, etc there is a possibility you will receive useful information about choices and likely pictures of inspiration rooms.

Successful decorating, like much in life, is not for sissies but it can be very rewarding and even fun!