Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Maybe this will help Ipad users post photos right side up?

My3dogs ME zone 5A
10 years ago

I saw another post this AM with a photo upside down, and although I don't have an iPad, I Googled how to have them appear right side up, if anyone would like to experiment with this.

Link below with much more info, but the answer was - "The quick answer: The 'correct' way to take a photo is with the home button on the Right. For portrait photos the camera should be at the top."

"If you receive a photo and it is upside down then I recommend Fotosizer. A free program that not only flips your photos but re-sizes them as well."

Here is a link that might be useful: Why are my iPhone / iPad Photos Upside Down?

Comments (13)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Thank you....I don't often take pics with my IPad but if I do, this will be helpful.

• ice1
    10 years ago

I also want to thank you. Im going to try.
    It worked. So us lefties need to use the ipad like a right handed person when taking photos.

This post was edited by ice1 on Mon, Jul 29, 13 at 8:23

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

YAY! I'm so happy! When I see a sideways or upside down one that I really want to check out. I save it to my photos and flip it.

Seeing that sweet face just above is a great 'thank-you'!

Spread the word, Ladies!!

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Thanks, this is very helpful to know. Ah, but will I remember?

I'm a rightie but because of how I fold my cover and prop it up, I always have my home button on the left.

• chispa
    10 years ago

Pretend it is a real camera. All the ones I have ever owned had the shutter button on the right side of the camera.

• bullydosmom
    10 years ago

Chipa, the problem with the ipad is if you "flip" and the camera is in the bottom right hand corner,which is the "wrong" position, the "shutter button" "flips" to the right. So it doesn't matter where the camera eye is the shutter button is always on the right.

• chispa
    10 years ago

Bully, not what I meant ... pretend the shutter button is the iPad home button ... always keep that on your right for landscape and on the bottom for portrait.

• bullydosmom
    10 years ago

Got it!

• Olychick
    10 years ago

bump

• hhireno
    10 years ago

M3D and Oly,
    Did you see this thread about pictures?
    problems with pictures

It seems I'm not the only one with picture issues. Any suggestions, besides not posting a picture, on what else to try? Adding the picture to something like photobucket and not posting directly from my iPad?

• Olychick
    10 years ago

HH are you using an Ipad? Seems that's the problem for most, either viewing or posting. Good to have that thread linked here, too. I don't have an ipad and won't ever, so I'm not going to try to problem solve it, but just linking to what others have posted.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I guess I (who will also never have an iPad) would suggest to load them to Photobucket. That's a way to ensure that you post them right side up!

That info that I posted is all over the 'net, and I've linked it in another post that I just found, with the same advice. Not having the device, all I can do is read about it.

Just read this is one of the MANY links I found on the subject, where one user says -
    'I use photoshop express to rotate them. This BUG is fixed in iOS 5.'

Here is a link that might be useful: Using an iPad or IPhone to post pictures

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Hmmm, since the pictures are right side up on my ipad I would have to turn them upside down in photobucket I guess. Maybe I'll have to play with it a little in the test forum. I'm not being belligerent when I write I probably just won't post pictures. I hardly ever did anyway, I can't even remembered my photo bucket password! Oh well, I'll figure it out if I ever have a picture I just have to share.

In the thread about the Anderson door, both her pictures are right side up on my iPad. I think I'll check how they look on my laptop. Not that it matters, I don't have any advice for her, I'm just curious since I'm thinking about pictures.