Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

Need suggestions on a Whiteboard

a1an
11 years ago

so work schedule ic just crazy and just short of pulling some long hours in the office....I'm setting up a quasi home office.

Anyone have any suggestions for a large whiteboard...or shall I say more aesthetically pleasing ones.

Chalk walls are bleh..

I can do a whiteboard custome framed in tonnage of great looking frames but it's still a white board.

What else is out there on the market that can serves as a whiteboard - whether it be marker or *digital*. Budget is no object as it's more about aesthetics

Comments (12)

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

We have several whiteboards in our conference rooms that have cabinet doors. What about something like this?

(Source: http://www.whiteboardstation.com/IVG2/Y/ProductID-82196-.htm )

I like the cork on the inside of the doors. Some of them have an oversize pad of paper as well.

I'd rather look at an expanse of wood that complements the room than a huge whiteboard. They never seem to be completely clean and that drives me crazy!

• a1an
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm actually doing on wall in all cork already. This will be the post it board...sorta.

If I had to do a framed door setup, I'm inclined to do something inset on hidden hinges so the finished product is flush to the walls.

Just not looking for something that screams office. I personally hate the look of whiteboards....but it's great for what it is.

Maybe I'll just buy one of those 36x48 large paper pads....and just hide it when not in use....and use tack onto the wall when needed.

• betsyhac
    11 years ago

I've attached a link for a woman/company that does custom chalk/white boards. I plan to order from her, but haven't yet. No endorsement; I just found her on the net, bc I was looking for a custom white board too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zee Zee

• lkplatow
    11 years ago

Glass and mirrors work well as white boards - my hubby hung a huge frosted-glass tabletop from IKEA on the wall of his office using mirror clips. It looks cool, although if we were to do it again, I think we'd look for thinner glass -- not only was it super-heavy and a bear to hang, but any writing on it looks a little bit 3D because it seems to reflect itself in the thickness of the glass. But he still likes it and it's definitely not the typical white board. I will post a pic, but it looks a bit odd because he photoshopped all his top-secret work notes off of the white board, LOL! Hopefully you'll get the idea. (We used a picture ledge from IKEA under the glass to hold the markers and eraser.)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

White boards are what white boards are...only thing I can think of doing to it is putting a decent wood molding around it so it's not so "office" looking.

• lazy_gardens
    11 years ago

PAINT! There is a transparent "whiteboard" paint that lets you use any wall you want for the "white" board.

http://www.amazon.com/Whiteyboard-Dry-Erase-Paint-Clear/dp/B005ZWERQQ

It's not cheap, but it's way cheaper than a whiteboard of that size (30 sq feet)

Whiteyboard also has peel and stick whiteboards.

Or use the poorman's whiteboard: melamine covered wallboard.

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

I love glass used as a whiteboard and if you use starfire glass, you don't get the green tint of regular glass.

• DLM2000-GW
    11 years ago

I was going to suggest the same thing as lazygardens and it doesn't have to be white. My son used this on a wall in his college house and it was a great way for him to work out calculations, make notes while studying, keep track of due dates and other events..... Not inexpensive but may be worth it for your application.

Here is a link that might be useful: Idea Paint

• suero
    11 years ago

Lots of dry erase boards here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bed Bath and Beyond

• mattflex
    11 years ago

This site offers many whiteboard options including custom printed. Check it out, you may find something interesting.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flex-A-Chart whiteboards

• cindyloo123
    11 years ago

Why don't you frame it like it's a window and put a close-able window treatment over it? A roman shade or drapes.

• cindyloo123
    11 years ago

A pull down map to hide it when not in use.