Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Framed Art

Posted by frank1203 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 5:50

Hi - I'm looking for a few good websites/stores to buy some framed artwork for my living room decor. What makes this tricky is that I am looking for small pictures in landscape format (as opposed to portrait); like maybe about 10-12 inches in width and about 8-10 inches in height. I have looked extensively but cannot seem to find the smaller type sizes. I am looking for pictures for a traditional decor so I don't want anything abstract. Any help would be appreciated as always. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Framed Art

Lots of options for artwork, especially small art.

You can go to stores like kirklands, home goods that carry art.
You can order from on line sites like overstock.com or art.com.

You can head to a book store or a used book store and look for books full of prints that can be cut apart and made into art work. Whats nice with that is they tend to be of similar theme and/or colors so they can make nice groupings.

You can look for calendars that often have lovely pictures of the same size as well....I have several that I have saved over the years with that idea in mind.

Or you can look to your own photography. I had a large wall space to fill and didn't want to break the bank on it, so I took a bunch of my own photos, went to fed ex/kinkos enlarged and printed them off in black and white, then framed them in walmart frames...final cost was $15 each. The mats were ivory and I wanted white so I painted them with acrylic paint.

Another alternative is wall paper or fabric. In the dining room, I wanted to fill a blank wall without taking up floor space, so I framed up an historic William Morris wallpaper.

o

Love that dining room wall, Annie.

All good ideas above, and you can also search online resources like art.com by size and orientation (portrait vs landscape).

o

Etsy and Ebay too.

o

You wrote: "like maybe about 10-12 inches in width and about 8-10 inches in height."

Do these dimensions include the framing?

o

You wrote: "like maybe about 10-12 inches in width and about 8-10 inches in height."

Do these dimensions include the framing?

o

Yes, the dimensions include the framing. I can be a little flexible by a few inches give or take

o

Check out BareWalls.com. They have an advanced search function that will let you specify "landscape" (put the word "landscape" in the keyword option) plus your desired size. I tried your size specs and got 117 hits, so maybe you can find something you like:

http://www.barewalls.com/advanced.html

Also -- will you be doing your own framing? If you can buy standard size, pre-assembled frames, you can save a LOT of money. Familiarize yourself with standard size frames, and then go print shopping.

Here is a site that will give you standard sizes for frames, with mat sizes (if you want a mat):

Here is a link that might be useful: Standard sizes for picture frames

o

Thanks mclarke. First you found my Corbel.. Now this. You are good. I'll start looking at the site you provided. Thanks.. Frank

o

You're welcome, Frank! Hope you find what you need!

o

You're welcome, Frank! Hope you find what you need! -- Maureen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here