Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
begonia2005

Equivalents of this Pottery Barn Silky Quilt?...

Begonia2005
9 years ago

I saw this cotton/silk blend quilt at Pottery Barn recently and I fell for it badly. Good ol' case of "wine taste on a... ...well..partially self-imposed beer budget".

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/channel-silk-quilt-sham/?cm_src=AutoSchNullRel

You sleep under this, you are literally in the lap of luxury. Absolutely dreamy. The only trouble is the price, of course.
300+ for a king.

Are you aware of any similar/equivalent items from a company with less "cache" than PB, that would perhaps translate into a lower price? The quality should be the same though and it should include silk. Not even the most insanely high-end cotton could produce this feeling of smoothness all by itself.

Thank you so much.

This post was edited by Begonia2005 on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 2:56

Comments (10)

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

here's the link

Here is a link that might be useful: silky quilt

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

You didn't mention what color you want, but in the eBay link below, there are a few colors - red and wheat, that are lower priced on eBay.

Here is a link that might be useful: PB silk/cotton quilt on eBay

• yayagal
    9 years ago

Target has one

Here is a link that might be useful: silky channel quilt

• chispa
    9 years ago

Don't be so quick to be impressed by the PB name ... the quality of their bedding (and other products) is nothing like what was available 7+ years ago. Unfortunately that seems to be the norm for most companies!

• Begonia2005
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My3dogs,

I saw the red - but that is out as I can't stand anything red in my bedding. :-) The wheat might be an option but still quite expensive even at that price.

Chispa,

I couldn't care less about name brands, it's just that this is the only one I ever touched that felt SO good. Again, most nice merchandise is not touchable, everything seems to be online.
    Trust me, if Wallmart or anyone else had something feeling that great, with THOSE materials (cotton, silk), I would jump on it - as "evil" as they are. :-)

Trouble is you won't find those kinds of things at Wallmart or anywhere Big Box and everything else seems to be on the Internet.
    This is why I asked about an equivalent from the cyber space.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

I was just shopping at PB and liked the silk channel quilt very much. I thought the feel would be silky-slippery, but it isn't. Too bad it is so expensive. Keep your eyes peeled for a deal on ebay. I've gotten great stuff that way, including a Company Store matelasse bedspread that sells for $219 on the CS site. I paid $85 including shipping. It was a returned item but in perfect condition.

Be careful of the measurements on quilts and coverlets. The term Queen covers a lot of different widths. I need at least 92 inches to cover my thick mattress.

I agree that PB quality does not warrant the cost. Their pick stitch quilt is really cheapo.

• Begonia2005
    Original Author
    9 years ago

yayagal,

Thank you for the link. Trouble with the Target one is that it's all polyester. I am looking for an equivalent with the same materials (cotton, silk) but I have a feeling no one is going to offer those materials in a King quilt/coverlet for a song.

There are hundreds of choices out there in synthetic materials but those are automatically out for me.

Chasing a deal on this exact product on E-bay is probably the way to go. At least it's already touched, felt and approved.

Thank you all again!

• oaktonmom
    9 years ago

You do realize that the PB quilt is dry clean only...

• Begonia2005
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, I saw that.

Not something I am crazy about but I do have this question: what did they do back in the day with cotton/silk anything when there was no "dry cleaning"?

I suppose they were soaked in a tub, washed very gently by hand and hung dry.
    Sometimes, even if they say "dry clean" only I still break the rule. It might be a bit of a trouble, but I cannot imagine anything that is "dry clean" only.

Something must have washed it in the past.