Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_35399

Craft Room Reveal!

I hope it's okay to post in this forum but I'm super excited to finally finish putting together and decorating my craft room and I wanted to share it! I got a lot of ideas from this forum and from various members and I'm so thankful for all of your help!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Blog

Comments (27)

• peony4
    9 years ago

Congratulations! This appears functional, organized, and visually appealing.

If you haven't thought about hiring out your talents as a professional organizer, you might want to give this some thought. You apparently have this skill.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Beautiful! I love the colors.

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

What a wonderful room! I love your worktop space and all that storage. How do you like the sewing table?

• kswl2
    9 years ago

I was going to say I am green with envy over your organized room, but I am actually aqua with envy! Love the color, the layout, your organizer choices, everything. Great job--- I am sure you'll love this for years to come!

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

That is one sweet space! Love everything about it!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

WAY cool!

• cghpnd
    9 years ago

WOW! That room is a DREAM! You did an awesome job!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Wow! You did a great job. So organized, functional and attractive to boot!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Beautiful, well-organized room. You did a great job!

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Color me JEALOUS!
    Beautiful room!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Great! I would love to have a room so functional and organized!

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Very nice!

• pokyhoky
    9 years ago

Oh Mylanta! That is beautiful!

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

You got the three F's down pat.
    Form
    Function
    Fabulous!
    I love it!

• maddielee
    9 years ago

Great space! What do you make there?

ML

• Bethpen
    9 years ago

WOW! Great job!

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

Wow, you did an amazing job! It looks like a catalog shoot.

What a beautiful space to call your own.

• HomeNoobie
    9 years ago

That is beauty!!! Love the color scheme

• Jessica Frost-Ballas
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks so much for all the kind words!! And Peony4, I'd LOVE to be a professional organizer! ;)

And Maddielee, I do a lot of papercrafting in there (card-making, scrapbooking, and quilling). I'm also hoping to get better acquainted with my sewing machine and use it more in the future!

• suska6184
    9 years ago

Wow, such a fabulous space! Your organization and fun use of color should make working in there an absolute joy. Congratulations on a successful transformation!
    Dumb question though- I looked at your blog and I don't know what a comic book board is, can you enlighten me?

• Jessica Frost-Ballas
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Suska6184, thanks! And it's not a dumb question! New comics are usually sold just as books...if you're someone who collects them usually you'll store them 'bagged and boarded' which just means putting a piece of strong cardboard (called a backing board) behind the comic to support it and putting them both into a plastic bag which can then be taped shut. It helps keep them from getting bent or dirty/dusty. I just pulled the board out of the bag in the photo so you could see it. Essentially it just looks like a piece of white cardstock cut to fit the comic bag.

Good comic book boards are also acid free to preserve the life of the comic which certainly doesn't hurt for fabric storage! They just happen to be the perfect size for making a mini fabric bolt and are WAY cheaper than actual fabric bolt boards. I can buy 100 boards for under $10.

• suska6184
    9 years ago

Thanks for your response, sparkler39. I don't do paper crafts, but I have a large fabric stash in my sewing room so I will have to look into those boards.
    Not only can you see at a glance what you have, but it is an additional decorating feature for the room IMO.
    Would you mind sharing the dimensions of your room? It looks spacious.

• Jessica Frost-Ballas
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Suska6184, absolutely....I love seeing them! I've also been told that you can purchase plastic bins with lids that will also fit them perfectly so if someone is worried about damage/dust to fabric they could also be stored away.

That wide angle camera lens is deceiving. ;) The total room is about 16x10 but you're probably seeing only 11-12x10 as a good chunk behind that photo is taken up by a piano and two doors that swing into that room. I think it looks like there's more walkway space than there actually is. My husband and I can both fit in the walkway at the same time but it's not comfortable to work like that long term. If we're working at opposite sides of the middle table or he's there and I'm at the other work area there's plenty of room but really it's mostly built just to suit my solitary puttering. :)

• oceanna
    9 years ago

Marvelous! Wow, what you could do with a room like that. You're all set to be a creative force to be reckoned with. Good work!

• ttodd
    9 years ago

Looks wonderful!

• deegw
    9 years ago

Jealous! Looks fabulous. Which paint color did you use?

• Jessica Frost-Ballas
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks deee! It's SW Tantalizing Teal!