Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Someone new (to me) to follow on Pinterest!

Posted by anele (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 0:47

Just found this ID via my other favorite person to follow (Lindajane Keefer: http://www.pinterest.com/lmkeefer/).

Great "pins" primarily organized by periods/styles. He has a blog that I think I can learn a lot from, too: http://theartoftheroom.com/blog/

Here is a link that might be useful: The Art of the Room on Pinterest

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Someone new (to me) to follow on Pinterest!

Stunning. I could spend days staring...
That being said, I only see one style there: "Monied". :-)

o

oh my !! his pin organization is astounding !! I can just imagine how much time was spent on this.....

It seems like only grand and opulent at first glance ( I have nothing against this !) but after clicking on a few links, it brings you to organization tips and a lot of diy sites.

I already noted this idea for bracelet displaying, thanks for the heads up !

o

Mitch: I liked at the link, but didn't see the "organization" section. I don't spend much time in Pinteret....

o

Pinterest sign up is easy. I haven't had junk mail from doing so. Although I just look and head to interesting links (if they are there). I don't use my account to pin anything.

o

Begonia, LOL! I agree . . .and that is not a possibility for my style, though I still make attempts to copy it without the actual money being involved!

Mitch, I am confused. You mean you found that pin on HIS page? I can't imagine! He does not seem like a DIY-er at all (or one who would encourage such things, haha!)

Ratherbe, I didn't either . . .

Technicolor, I usually only pin my own findings (I put together mood boards for the most part) on external sites because so many pins are same old, same old, so I don't browse too much. I also go directly to the pages of people I really like. I could spend all my time on just his and Lindajane's!

o

I misunderstood what you were asking. Most of the pins I follow are from blogs I belong too. Pinterest does find more for me related to interest which is fun. And yes to spending too much time which I had to cut down on.

o

Technicolor, I am not sure I was asking anything . . .now I am confused, too! :) Sounds like we have many Pinterest habits in common!

Here is another person I like . . .he is focused a lot on fashion (which I'd like to be, but not 'til I have a reason and money!) but one can choose to follow only his ID boards, which I think are worth it. Not the same organization as the other pinners above, but worth it nonetheless.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mark D Sikes

o

I love that first one. thanks Anele!

o

within his boards, the pins bring you to other blogs, other sites, it's the gift that keeps on giving, lol.....

if I like something, I'll repin it to my boards.

o

Great inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

o

Thanks for sharing this, Anele. It has a little something for everyone, and I agree--this must be been so time-consuming to collect and organize.

I tried joining Pinterest once, but could not because I needed a Facebook account. Have the requirements changed?

Nonetheless, I'm still able to access so many fantastic Pinterest pages--this particular one is a great resource.

o

p4, I could be wrong, but I don't think you are required to have a FB account to sign up for Pinterest. They want you to link the two, but I have one of each and I do NOT link them.

Maybe someone more Pinterest savvy will chime in if I'm wrong.

o

I do have an (unused) facebook account. But it is not connected in any way to my pinterest account. At least I'm pretty sure...

But, thanks for the link! I'll be looking around and getting lost for hours I'm sure. :)

o

Wow! Thank you for posting this!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here