|Great article on upholstery. Also, posted in the kitchen forum.
Here is a link that might be useful: Emily Henderson
|That's a great link; thanks. We will need to have our vintage sofa eventually redone, and right now I'm leaning towards cotton velvet. |
Of course, getting this sofa to the upholsterer will be interesting. I found a great guy who did the channel back chair, but he is about 45 min away.
|I completely agree with the part about finding a good upholsterer. I got a list of names at a fabric store and ended up with a wonderful little man from Argentina, who worked out of his home in a not so great section of town. I then looked and looked for fabric at all the local fabric stores, but after looking through books in his basement, found the perfect fabric for about half the cost of what I was looking at in the fabric stores. After all the time and agonizing, it's nice to have it work out so well.|
|That was good. Thanks! Just pinned it for future reference.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here