Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 0:42
|Great article on upholstery. Also, posted in the kitchen forum.
Here is a link that might be useful: Emily Henderson
|That's a great link; thanks. We will need to have our vintage sofa eventually redone, and right now I'm leaning towards cotton velvet. |
Of course, getting this sofa to the upholsterer will be interesting. I found a great guy who did the channel back chair, but he is about 45 min away.
|I completely agree with the part about finding a good upholsterer. I got a list of names at a fabric store and ended up with a wonderful little man from Argentina, who worked out of his home in a not so great section of town. I then looked and looked for fabric at all the local fabric stores, but after looking through books in his basement, found the perfect fabric for about half the cost of what I was looking at in the fabric stores. After all the time and agonizing, it's nice to have it work out so well.|
|That was good. Thanks! Just pinned it for future reference.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.