Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aggierose_gw

I need help with this bedding (pic)

aggierose
11 years ago

I'm fairly certain I will be buying this bedding for the guest room in our new house:

http://www.westelm.com/products/organic-cotton-pintuck-duvet-cover-shams-white-s081/?pkey=cduvet-covers

The problem is that there isn't a matching dust ruffle. Should I just buy a solid white one? Any particular style that would work well with the duvet cover? The bed and dresser are a dark espresso brown. I have no idea what I'm going to paint the walls yet, so if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them! :)

Thanks!

Belinda

Comments (12)

• les917
    11 years ago

Do you need a dust ruffle? There is nothing that says you have to have one.

If you must have one, I would look for something very tailored, no ruffles or gathers. You also want to be sure that the whites work together, and the textures of the two fabrics work as well.

West Elm has one that should work well:

bed skirt

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Are you using any other pillows on the bed or drapes in the room? Then you can pull colors from that for the wall and maybe the dust ruffle...

• aggierose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Annie, I haven't bought anything yet, so I can still do anything I want to! I'm thinking that since the bedding will be solid white that I would like to have a pop of color on the walls instead of just a neutral.

• Auroras_Envy
    11 years ago

I have that exact duvet (in blue) for our master bedroom, and I LOVE it! I'd go for it - West Elm is amazing for bedding.

As far as dust ruffle...we don't have one, although our bed isn't really designed for one.

If you really want one, like someone else said I think a pop of color in a plain dust ruffle would like nice if you went with the white.

• terezosa / terriks
    11 years ago

Here's the bedding:

• dakota01
    11 years ago

What color is your flooring? If it's light I'd go w/a color and maybe find matching/coordinating pillows. That is very pretty bedding, I see why you are having trouble deciding. It's almost like it should be the star of the room and nothing below it.

• aggierose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to paint the walls? I'm definitely painting, and can do anything I want since I don't have anything to match except the white bedding. I'm tempted to do something kind of dark since the bedding will be white, but I'm a little unsure about that. The flooring is carpet. A light tan. The bed and dresser are dark espresso brown. I've thought about BM Ahsley gray, BM Indian River, or even a dark purple. So many options...

• lascatx
    11 years ago

I'd go grey-blue, blue-grey. Beautiful with dark wood and white.

• yayagal
    11 years ago

The color of the year, Whythe blue, BM.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Just for fun, I painted my laundry room BM tropical dusk and it's a wonderful and interesting shade...it would go well with white and espresso and tan.

Such a grayed down purple that it's almost a neutral.

• aggierose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Annie, what a pretty color. I was actually thinkign about a very similar color.

• design_wotcha
    11 years ago

Hello aggierose - great bedding choice. Here are my thoughts ... unless you are trying to hide storage under the bed I would not go with a bedskirt - this bedding has lots of great texture and it will be distracting. If you want to bring some color pop to the ground consider a rug...

on the colors - with an espresso dresser and bed - if you choose a dark gray, blue or brown - i would consider making your bedside tables white or mirrored to reference the white bedding and prevent the room looking too dark... an example is the picture below...

Here is a link that might be useful: [Dark Bedroom Walls; White Bedding[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/lakeview-residence-bedroom-traditional-bedroom-chicago-phvw-vp~507758)