Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goodgal_gw

Help with colors for new home

goodgal
9 years ago

Really need feedback since my daughter is asking me for my advice. She & her husband are moving into an older home and remodeling kitchen etc and picking paint colors. She is more into contemporary styling. In her den she is planning on using SW anew grey and up her stairwell into the hall way SW agreeable grey. The home gets indirect filtered sunlight but is not a bright home. In the kitchen off from the den she has white cabinets with granite countertops in steel grey and floors are hardwoods. She was planning to use the SW daffodil color in the kitchen and carry it through to the adjoining short hall that feeds into the laundry room. In there she was thinking of doing a teal color or something "fun" she hasn't decided and actually thought of using the next darker color on the strip that SW Daffodil is on which is SW Decisive Yellow. The area that concerns me is she is thinking of doing her foyer in SW Novel Lilac as an accent wall that flows into the stairwell where SW Agreeable grey is. I tend to think of the lilac as a bedrm color but maybe I am just traditional in my thinking. Please advise if you have used or seen these colors and if this is too chopped up. I told her sometimes less is best??

Comment (1)