Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nostalgicfarm

Pulling together a Teal wall room for a budding fashion designer?

nostalgicfarm
9 years ago

We are fixing up a house without our kiddos knowing. I am painting my 8 year old daughters room a teal/turqoise color. Shehasa whiteprincess style bed, and I just got her a cute creamish/pinkish secretary typedesk/hutch. Her current bedding has dolls on it, so will probably be changed out. She likes to sew and wants to design fancy dresses. I am at a lot with beddingin particular as everything with teal walls seems to do the black/white theme. She needs alot more color than that! I'm having a hard time pulling togetherthe pre-pre-teen princess stage with a more teen color. Thanks in.advance for your awesome suggestions!

Comments (17)

• badgergal
    9 years ago

Turquoise/ teal looks great with colors like lime green, purple and orange.

Sorry I couldn't copy the pictures on the link below but the bedding looks like it would be perfect for a fashion forward 8 year old who likes color

Looks like it is on sale too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bedding

• Adella Bedella
    9 years ago

Pottery Barn Teen has some really cute bedding that goes with teal/turquoise walls. My 10 yo has the Chelsea paper cut Floral bedding. We have a light turquoise paint picked out, but don't have the walls painted yet.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Well, teal and turquoise are 2 different colors. Do you have a color name for the paint you used? It can make a difference in the bedding you choose.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

I think fresh white sheets / bedding is the perfect foil for any color scheme and they will last her far beyond the cute patterned sheet stage. Maybe use a patterned duvet cover and pillow shams? What kind of rug are you using?

Sorry, forgot link to Pine Cone Hill site, which has charming bright linens for young ladies.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pine Cone Hill linens

This post was edited by kswl on Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 10:25

• pps7
    9 years ago

I love teal! BM Newburg green is very pretty but it's quite dark. I did my library in a combination of teal and persimmon. Love that color combo!

• louislinus
    9 years ago

I just painted my daughter's room a soft turquoise (SW Aloe) and she is using this bedding from Target.

• dilly_ny
    9 years ago

I just did my 11 year old's room in a paint color called Jamaican Aqua (I think it's a BM color, but could be SW). It's such a great color- light and happy. It's an easy color to find coordinating accessories, especially now when the stores are featuring these tones.

We did Trina Turk blue peacock bedding from bed bath and beyond. Which includes navy and lime green. It's a great color combination.

Also thought I'd mention that ikea has some teal colored furniture and accessories now. I was thinking of getting the shelves.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trina Turk blue peacock bedding

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

IF you have a Steinmart around you check there they have some really pretty colors and combinations for great prices. I love the Matelasse choices they have and the prices for them is awesome. I bought several in various colors and prints and mix and match.

Shop Bedding

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

My DD, age 13, has a bedroom with teal, purple, and bright pink. Her summer quilt is from Company Store (we bought the quilt first and pulled wall color and accent colors from it) and her winter comforter is from Vera Bradley, of all places, but it had all the right colors! I second the vote for PB Teen, too.

Here's a link to the pattern my DD has, which has teal in it, but unfortunately I don't see it on the Vera Bradley site any more and it's not actually available here either.

Here is a link that might be useful: VB comforter

• Oakley
    9 years ago

KSWL, that bedding is gorgeous, but a bit pricey for an 8 year old who will more than likely spill something on it.

Sue, I love The Company Store! And when did Vera Bradley start selling bedding? I'm going to have to do a search to see if I can find it.

• nostalgicfarm
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for the great suggestions!
    Annie-I haven't bought the paint yet, but the color I have at the top of my pile is definately teal! :) It is a basement room with a drop celing though, so colors definately look different.
    I think I can pull off her current pottery barn bedding if I paint more a turquoise or aqua color, maybe even layer a plain turquoise quilt under her ccurrent quilt and layer some plain turquoise pillows and a few patterned pillows.
    I think I am fighting trying to keep some cream/pinks while mixing a more vibrant color. I really do prefer teal, and the aqua is

• nostalgicfarm
    Original Author
    9 years ago

...a bit more blue than I want to be.
    I would love more suggestions, something has to pull this together!

• valmooreinphx
    9 years ago

Look at the teal guest room on the blog "young house love". Maybe they will have an idea you can use

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Hopefully this worked....

This post was edited by AnnieDeighnaugh on Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 23:11

• nostalgicfarm
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Luv-i did go through a bunch of yung house love photos, and found the guest room you were referring to-they actually use teal a lot!
    Annie-I can't see your photo...not sure if it is just my phone though?

• ttodd
    9 years ago

Lots of lucky young ladies! Annie - love that room.

• weiqing ye
    10 months ago

Put on a beautiful bandaged dress at home and wait for your husband to return!

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz