Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
original_divastyle

The Infamous 'Colette' Bed

Mick Mick
12 years ago

Hi!

Does anyone own the Crate and Barrel Colette Bed? I am about to pull the trigger and buy one (by the end of the month). Does anyone have one? What are your thoughts? What color did you purchase? How deep is your mattress? :)

I am very excited. This will be one of the most expensive piece of furniture in my home and I want to make the best decision.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (19)

• sewwhatsnew
    12 years ago

{{!gwi}} On Overstock they have a similar style for less money. I also love the Colette bed. Are platform beds comfortable for master beds?? How about the low profile, closer to the ground aspect?? Do platform provide enought support compared to box spring and mattress?

• justgotabme
    12 years ago

Seems I've seen on a blog fairly recently that someone had made one. I should be easy enough to make if you had the right tools.

Decided to Google and I found two:
    @ Domestic Jenny

Here is a link that might be useful: @ High Heel Foot in the Door

• terezosa / terriks
    12 years ago

When I saw the thread title with the word infamous I thought that the "Colette Bed" must be something from Craigslist that had been used by a notorious hooker or something. ;)

• roarah
    12 years ago

OOh I covet that bed!!! You are one lucky duck!!!

• justgotabme
    12 years ago

You made me snort with laughter terriks!

• IdaClaire
    12 years ago

LOL! I was thinking along the same lines, Terriks! ;-D

I know nothing about that bed, divastyle - but it is gorgeous!

• Mick Mick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I guess it isn't that infamous, huh? ;)

• mjsee
    12 years ago

Having just watched 'Cherie' on cable...I was imagining a completely different "infamous collete bed". It was an AMAZING Belle epoch art noveau sort of thing...

• mjsee
    12 years ago

The bed I thought of:

(Colette wrote 'Cherie'. So it wasn't a TOTAL non-sequitor)...

• terezosa / terriks
    12 years ago

The DIY bed in the blog posted above turned out very nicely, and would be an even better match it they had added the nailhead trim, which would be pretty easy to do.

• Mick Mick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have such admiration for those that can create something like that. I don't have the patience or the time to even try it. I envision severed fingers and such *thinking back on my high school industrial arts classes*

I am debating on the color. I originally thought about the alabaster - creamy ivory, but now I am leaning towards the natural.

Also...new bed = new paint color. I am going to paint the bedroom.

I will definitely take pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colette Bed

• Mick Mick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The bed is here. Now I am thinking about paint colors and bedding.

Best decision ever!

• Lyban zone 4
    12 years ago

What is under the mattress? Do you have a box spring or just a mattress , and if so how deep is mattress?. Is it comfortable or do you need to put a sheet of plywood underneath it.
    I love the look of it.
    What color did you get

• Mick Mick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I purchased a "bunky board" for underneath the mattress. My mattress is 10" high. Very comfortable. I was worried that the mattress would be too low, but it is perfect.

I purchased the "natural" linen.

Here is is...

I am thinking about painting the bedroom Wythe blue or Comfort Gray.

• dedtired
    12 years ago

I have the Chelsea bed from Hickory Chair. I think it looks very similar to you bed, although mine is not upholstered around the bottom. I have a light green linen-look fabric on mine. I like yours very much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chelsea Bed

• pps7
    12 years ago

I have the Isabelle from Ethan Allen which is very similar. I love my bed! We choose a greyish brown for the walls and our bedding is a silvery sage color. I think the comfort gray would look great!

• Mick Mick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Dedtired, I saw that bed in this month's House Beautiful! I wouldn't be surprised if our beds were made side-by-side.

PPS, your bedroom and bed are beautiful!

• Mick Mick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Update! :)

Painted.
    Started purchasing linens and accents.

Next stop? Draperies!