Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boymom23

Has anyone here painted a family room Sherwin Williams Rainwashed

boymom23
10 years ago

We're building and I just had to pick interior paint colors. I've chosen SW Rainwashed for my family room, which is adjacent and open to kitchen, which will be painted BM Revere Pewter. My son said to me, "You know, usually rooms painted this blue are either beach houses or baby nurseries." He has a point... Anyone used Rainwashed in your home? Would love advice and pics if you've got them!
Many thanks!

Comments (11)

• yayagal
    10 years ago

I haven't yet but I love the shade. Here's a living room done in it. Many do use it for beach houses or bathrooms but you could say that about most blue green tones.

Here is a link that might be useful: rainwashed room

• boymom23
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, yayagal! I appreciate the link. Such a pretty room!

• loribee
    10 years ago

Very pretty!

• noellabelle
    10 years ago

I love rainwashed, and there are lots of examples of it on the House of Turquoise website

It was between rainwashed and sea salt for my kitchen, and I went with the sea salt. It's a little less green, but very similar. I am thinking of painting my living room in comfort gray, another soft blue/green/gray soft colors.

• randita
    10 years ago

Noellabelle, I LOVE Comfort Gray and have that in my breakfast room, kitchen, and my two guest BR's. It's very versatile and you can pair it up with lots of different colors.

I have Quietude (one shade darker than Rainwashed) in my master BR and bath. I love that color, too.

My favorite neutral is SW Whole Wheat and I'm having my great room, foyer, halls, and stairwells painted that shade.

• carolt924
    10 years ago

Southernmum, no rainwashed in family room, but recently painted by bathroom with it. Looks lovely with my creamy white trim and espresso stained vanity and mirrors. quite soothing and easy on the eyes.

Randita, I have used camelback, whole wheat and believable buff in my foyer, kitchen, hall and family room. I am thinking of painting my dining and living rooms quietude. These rooms have west and south facing windows, lots of light, do you think all these colors play well together as you can see all of these spaces from my kitchen which is in the middle of my home?

This post was edited by CarolT924 on Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 22:59

• randita
    10 years ago

CarolT924, I don't have the Whole Wheat up yet and I won't really have rooms where the colors can be easily viewed together as I don't really have an open floor plan. So I can't speak to your question with actual experience.

I have some rooms painted Comfort Gray and a large board painted with the Whole Wheat. When I hold those colors up against each other, I personally like the combo. Comfort Gray is fairly close in hue to Quietude but with more gray.

Can you get a Color to Go sample and paint as much of the wall as you can in an area that butts up against the Whole Wheat shades?

To get a good rendition of the Quietude, be sure to prime the wall before putting on the sample. The samples really aren't paint and don't cover very well.

If you love Rainwashed, you will love Quietude. But if Quietude is a little more saturated than you want, you might want to check out Comfort Gray. Sounds dull, but it's really a very nice shade and very versatile.

• carolt924
    10 years ago

Thanks Randita, I will make sure to prime the wall before painting the test area and will check out the comfort gray.

I hope you love whole wheat as much as I do....

• noellabelle
    10 years ago

Randita, I'd love to see pictures! I probably won't be able to do it before fall at the earliest, as my dh got freaked out just seeing the sw paint deck up here awhile ago. We have been doing a lot of work with floors and furniture the past year, and he is DONE for awhile...II'd be doing most of the painting, but still it is not a topic to bring up yet. : )

My living room is ramie right now, which goes well with sea salt (and our halls we recently repainted bm gray owl), but now that we have hardwood and not old stained blue carpet, the room is veering too beige for me.

• dakota01
    10 years ago

I tried RW for my FR and entry. It was too bright of a blue. I went with Quietude and I'm very happy with it. Though, the color is a little more blue than I thought it would be. But, the room seems happy and lively to me and that's just what I wanted.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

I think SW quietude would be a better choice, just as beautiful but a little deeper and less "beachy".