Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Deer Decor Part Deux

mtnrdredux_gw
9 years ago

Good news:
No deer(s) were killed in the making of this stunning (I was stunned when it turned up in my Etsy search) lamp.

Bad news:
They only have one!

Comments (15)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OMG, in the same store!

• ineffablespace
    9 years ago

I'd buy the babies if they were cheaper.

• selcier
    9 years ago

Love the lamp! It looks exactly like grown-up Bambi!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Finders keepers, Mtn. I'm sure we all graciously bow to your 'find' of that lamp! What the heck is that ball thing? Is that the light?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The babies are visually interesting, and appear to be a nice quality, but they are so disturbing.

I was doing an Etsy search for a boudoir lamp for the dresser in the girl's bathroom. The girls said, can you do the search over again, but add "- ugly"

• User
    9 years ago

It looks like the lamp maker could not decide whether to pay tribute to the deer or the game of golf, and so combined the two into one ... Yes, I think stunning is the word for it because I am stunned anyone would want it :-)

This post was edited by kswl on Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 1:37

• mclarke
    9 years ago

Whoa. The deer-and-ball lamp seems to be a Thing. There are a whole bunch of them. Here's another one from etsy -- I think this one is a tribute to the game of billiards...

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Huh...I thought you'd be looking for something red, lacquered and tasseled for that opium den look....certainly falls under the category of "ugly".

• robo (z6a)
    9 years ago

I will adopt every single one of those deer lamps in existence. Must win lottery.

• edeevee
    9 years ago

Ohmigosh, it seems they also come in bird, dog, cat, fish, goat, impala, rooster, elephant and ... is that a squirrel?!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lighten Up

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Mtn....screams Maine beach house to me!

• robo (z6a)
    9 years ago

It's not good for me that I know that shop exists.

• gyr_falcon
    9 years ago

I am not trendy, so that elk light in the OP just does not click with me. The babies are downright creepy. I wonder if they have something at the shop more my style.

After review, I think I like the lights better after seeing the light/shadow play when they are lit in a dark room. I like the Vintage Tortoise Glass one, too.

This post was edited by Gyr_Falcon on Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 14:58

• nancybee_2010
    9 years ago

It says they are shipped from France- known for its good taste, isn't it? In edeevee's link, it says they're "french art deco"- interesting! I would have thought they were American kitsch.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

It doesn't bother me at all. And that doesn't mean it will sell....but if it does...well, it's just another bizarre ugly item amongst a bazillion ugly decor items, vintage or not.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES