Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kam76

Can I see a picture of your trash pull out ?

kam76
9 years ago

I am trying to figure out the hardware/configuration for my trash pull out. I'd love to see yours.

Did you do a pull or a knob, if you have a drawer above do you have the same size hardware on both or bigger on the trash pull b/c it is pulling something heavier?

Thanks!

Comments (11)

• kam76
    Original Author
    9 years ago

shoot, I meant to post this in the kitchen forum. Still, I'd love to see yours if you have one, or your thoughts on pulls/knobs if you have any.

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

I have pulls, on the trash and the drawer above.

The great thing about knobs/pulls is that there doesn't seem to be a wrong answer. I've never looked at kitchen photos and thought "Gee, that's a beautiful kitchen - too bad they screwed up the hardware!" No matter what you decide, it will look fine. Fell is as important as looks.

• beekeeperswife
    9 years ago

I'm slightly obsessed about having a uniform look. I had the cabinetmaker make me to faux drawer fronts for it, so I have two handles, one on each "drawer". The top drawer in the stack is a knife drawer (it's the only pic I could find quickly)

• kam76
    Original Author
    9 years ago

These are great guys, thanks!

• carolt924
    9 years ago

Love the trash pullout! The dog not so much, I think he misses the pot on top of the garbage can lid, before the remodel...I placed the knob on the center of the door instead of the top edge like the rest of the doors as I did not want anyone to pull the door off kilter always pulling from the left, no problems in the center.

This post was edited by CarolT924 on Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 18:27

• bbstx
    9 years ago

Mine is the full height of the cabinet. My sister's had a utensil drawer above it. When I was at her house, I would invariably open her utensil drawer and throw trash in it. ...just something to think about.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    9 years ago

Trash pull out:

We have a cutting board above w/ a hole in it so you can open the trash and scraps can be pushed down the hole into the can. The garbage opens from both sides for easy access. From the front, there is a foot petal to open so you do not ever have to touch the handle.

• Gooster
    9 years ago

Here's mine: Just cup pulls on the top and bottom. They are a bit oversized so they are very easy to handle when pulling out the trash. There are knobs on the nearby towel pull-out.

• Oakley
    9 years ago

Mine is like ogoopogo and I love it that way! I could have had an area for trash only, but I'd much rather put the trash can under the sink and use the extra space for storage.

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

oakleyok, I used to have the same setup under my sink. In my new kitchen, I have a much smaller sink base (30"), and most of that space is occupied by garbage disposal, cleaning supplies, dish soap, and trash bags.

My favorite part of the trash pull-out is the recycling bin. We used to just pile up recyclables on the counter until someone got around to hauling them out to the garage (our house is a split foyer, so it's a trip down the stairs). Now we just plop cans, bottles, and cardboard in the bin until it's full - out of sight!

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I also have no room under my sink for a trash can, so my setup is like annkh's - garbage in front, recycling in back. Since we can mix all types of recycling, it's very convenient. Our trash chute and recycling bins are convenient to our apartment too - I just wish composting was a little more convenient. The drawer is for pot holders and coffee pods (so far - it's actually pretty empty).