Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
musicgal_gw

Kaldun and Bogle, Fitz and Floyd

musicgal
9 years ago

I have a lot of Fitz and Floyd holiday pieces, but I discovered Kaldun and Bogle at the gatehouse shop at Biltmore on our trip there three years ago. I bought their swan tureen as a summer centerpiece. What are your favorite art ceramic pieces and how do you use them?

Comments (8)

• mlweaving_Marji
    9 years ago

My favorite are the very few pieces I have of the Mottahedeh Tobacco Leaf - I have an urn and a charger plate - not these exact, but similar

For my kitchen I have an assortment of Port Merion Botanica, Villeroy and Boch Botanic Garden and a few Royal Worcester Evesham serveware and bakeware pieces that I mix into my tablesettings. I missed out big time, always planning to "someday" buy the Coalport Countryware in white as my everyday dinnerware. I realized recently that they discontinued it while we were out sailing.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I love the Biltmore gift shop. I am familiar with Fitz and Floyd but haven't heard of Kaldun & Bogle. I will be googling them to take a look see.

Marji, your Mottahedeh pieces are lovely. The colors are beautiful. You can probably find the Coalport at Replacements or even on Ebay.

I have some Franz teapots that I like but will have to post them when I get home.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Here are two of the three Franz teapots that I have.

• LucyStar1
    9 years ago

I have some of the Fitz and Floyd Christmas pieces (large swan, angel, and rabbit) that I put out at Christmas. I have a couple of the botanic pieces (cherries, orange) that I put out in the summer. Also a couple of summer rabbits.

In my kitchen, I have primarily English, Scottish and Irish pottery, including Mosse Pottery, Laura Ashley, Royal Worcester, Buchan Pottery, and Emma Bridgewater.

In my family room, I have French pottery including hand-painted floral plates and vegetable plates from Pierre Deux.

In my living room, I have a tray table with a large Mottahedeh platter in the sacred bird and butterfly pattern.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I'm not sure exactly what fits into your definition of ceramic art pieces, but I have four Villeroy and Boch leaf bowls that I bring out for Easter, a collection of Royal Crown Derby china buildings that are displayed in a vitrine in my home office and, of course, the ubiquitous Department 56 Christmas village.

If I had tons of space, I would collect cookie jars. I love some of the cute figural ones.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    9 years ago

I absolutely adore the Walking Ware line from Carlton Ware:

I have a few of the cups, although they don't really go w/ anything else in the house.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I love them Beagle! Very intriguing.

• musicgal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh you guys! Loving the pictures. Keep them coming. This is my swan... okay, goose. But she's beautiful to me.

This post was edited by musicgal on Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 23:26