Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Textured spray paint on patio furniture - what would you do

Posted by mea5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 12 at 20:16

UGH! I love spray paint, have had really good success in painting, mirrors, door knobs, furniture.... but this patio furniture has got me frustrated!

I am in the process of using textured paint on my patio furniture, and 13 cans into it - just not covering very evenly. My furniture just looks dirty. The color matches some other patio furniture that I have, but this doesn't seem to cover evenly. So wondering if I just need more paint to cover it, or is it the textured paint that I am using (Rustoleum) - or should I go to a simple Heirloom White, and recover it with that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Textured spray paint on patio furniture - what would you do

Rustoleum has a toll free number you can call with questions - you can find it on the website or it's probably on the can. I'd call them, and see if you can send them those pics. That doesn't look right to me. I just painted my patio furniture with Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze metallic spray paint, and it covered much better than that. I used a total of 6.5 cans for 4 chairs and a table base that are probably of similar size and maybe more surface area than your set since mine included the seats.

Did you prime first? Maybe there's a problem with the primer or lack thereof??

Anyhow, I'd call rustoleum and see if they have any suggestions -- maybe you got a bad batch of paint or something (in which case, I'd demand replacements or money back, since 13 cans of spray paint isn't cheap!)

o
RE: Textured spray paint on patio furniture - what would you do

The textured does great at adding texture but I've never
gotten it to cover well.
I found that it kind-of rubs off.
Probably not the best choice for chairs.

I spray a lot.
I just sprayed some planters w/the hammered
that turned out great.

Like lkplatow I also like the metallic line.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here