Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
belladom_gw

bar stools? matchy matchy or no?

belladom
9 years ago

Should I match my dining chairs or not?
I can only seem to upload one photo at a time, so here's the dining room.

Comments (14)

• belladom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is the restoration hardware similar one... I like the cane back... but don't know if I should get dark wood to match the lights in the kitchen and dining chairs?

• belladom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is my kitchen with existing swivel stools, hope it's not upside down, can't get the photo upright....

• belladom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

then there are these from Ballards, not sure the white or light oak will go.... but have the cane backing and do swivel

• belladom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Then there's this from crate and barre modern ones, as I have eight of those Louis XV dining chairs throughout the open floor plan.
    These come in a bunch of colors too....

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Sorry, I can't figure out how to get the pic right side up and it's hard to view! Can you post a pic showing the proximity of the barstools to the dining area?

Seems like the white would go well with your kitchen and coordinate with the dining room, but maybe not enough contrast to with the kitchen cabinets, etc? Are there other upholstery choices? I especially like the RH ones, but can't really see in the upside down photo if there is anything that color wood relates to, but they do seem close in color to the backsplash and sofa?

I wouldn't care for the modern ones in your home.

• Gooster
    9 years ago

I personally like the function of a swivel, but it is hard to make a judgment on the RH going better without seeing the relationships of the DR to the FR? and kitchen.

I've reposted the photo with the view inverted. Lovely kitchen.

Also, what is in the FR with the sofa? Any wood there? I agree the C&B ones look too modern for the rest of the space, unless you have other modern elements we can't see.

This post was edited by gooster on Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 12:58

• teacats
    9 years ago

A BIG vote for the white swivel chairs from Ballard -- will work with the white in the kitchen AND echo the shape and look of your dining chairs! :)

• nhb22
    9 years ago

I agree. The darker chairs seem to cut the family room and kitchen space in half.

Would you mind telling me the color of your walls and what is on your counter tops? Love the kitchen!

• belladom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

What is an FR? my walls are an off white I think Benjamin moore and the counter tops are granite

here is a longer view of the kitchen to dining room and living room... again how do I turn this right side up??? thanks!

• belladom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And here is the tv/family room opposite the kitchen....

• oaktonmom
    9 years ago

There doesn't appear to be a lot of space between the breakfast bar and the leather sofa. I'd probably to with backless stools to eliminate too much furniture clutter. Pretty space by the way

• patricianat
    9 years ago

You have a lovely space! Keep it open and "clean."

What about the industrial (modern) seats or the saddle seats without backs which will give it a more open look and most likely be less expensive and you will have saved enough money to buy something else.

• nhb22
    9 years ago

"â¢Posted by belladom (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 19:51
    What is an FR? my walls are an off white I think Benjamin moore and the counter tops are granite"

FR means Family Room. Is your BM color called Off White? I am confused. What is your granite called? I love the way both work with the creamy white of your cabinets. Just enough contrast.

• belladom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think the walls are Benjamin Moore frappe AF-85

The granite is called gold and silver... I haven't much liked it as it's busy and too much black in it for my taste ... though still not sure what I would have picked ... still deciding?!?