Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 19:57
|the bricks are actually the flexi brick i've mentioned before and are artic white, too darn stark white for me. not the creamy elegant white i want.
so i am bringing a dish i love to the paint store to match the colour and i realise that part of what i love about the dish is the shine.
my instinct is to go for the pearl finish, does that sound right to you?
the mantle is created of crown molding and to be painted glossy black.
the interior of the wood box is shiny black granite too, so the mantle and firebox are already shiny.
|I would go with a matte finish. I am thinking that is going to be one shiny fireplace, could you post a picture of the fireplace/room with the brick?|
|I had a gloss-white painted brick fireplace once. It looked fine (except it probably shouldn't have been painted at all). If the gloss turns out too shiny, you can tone it down with more paint.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here