Posted in lighting, but really need more help. I purchased an 1880-old bcutie. It is light gray with white windows, trim, storm door, interior door, wall sconce and mailbox. It does have tiny old brass house numbers. I like the look of black to contrast the house color and trim. How does that sound?
|Hard to say. A picture would help, but I do like gray with black or navy. That said, I also love the look of gray with white trim-sort of northeast shore look. Maybe just start with changing your door color would help you like it better. |
Hope you do post a picture though. I bet it is a darling house!
|Would love to see a picture but I love the idea of black or a deep red that would really pop.|
|As I was reading your post, I was thinking black too. |
Two houses ago, we transformed our exterior from all brown (yes even the trim) to a gray exterior, white trim, and black shutters. Very pretty combination.
You said your windows are white. Do you mean the trim around them. Our windows were Anderson white vinyl clad wood windows. The black shutters really finished the house.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here