Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_adamopoulos

Help with Bathroom color! up to my ears in Beige/Tan/Khaki!

Nancy Adamopoulos
11 years ago

It's been a while since I posted... DH finally agreed to let me paint the house in something other than shade of white, so I don't want to mess things up!

So my dilemma involves my 1st floor guest bath. The counters are a giallo granite with yellow undertones and the floor tile ended up a beige tile with pinkish undertones(we chose it based on samples and I am not thrilled with the result- but it can't be changed). A designer I was working with helped me choose SW Fenland 7544. It is a khaki/Tan with a greenish undertone. The painters put up the 1st coat and it looks off to me and because the bathroom has no windows, the room looks very dark to me. It makes the floor tile look even more pink. I have spent the past 4 days and 14 paint samples later have not been able to find a shade of tan/beige/khaki/greige that works in this room. Here are some pics:

The paint is more green than it appears in the pics above. And the countertop is more yellowish.

Anyone with any color suggestions? They can be BM or SW colors. The pinkish beiges look terrible in there and the yellowish greenish beiges make the tiles look more pink.

It doesn't have to be tan... I will consider almost every color(except pink or purple). And nothing too dark as the bathroom has no natural light.

Thanks in Advance!

Nancy

Comments (11)