Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ajc9

Can you help me with shams?

ajc9
10 years ago

Hello all!

I need some shams and a throw....

My bed is from Room and Board, their Sherwood line. The quilt is a restoration hardware linen/cotton blend.

Do you think I should go with king sized shams or continental?

Comments (15)

• ajc9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, the cream shams I'm eyeing are linked below. I would tie them in with a cream throw, I believe...

Here is a link that might be useful: Shams

• mom2girls_2008
    10 years ago

We use 2 pillows each at night so I have 4 king pillows behind 3 Euro pillows. I believe Euro and continental are the same square size. I'm very happy with the way it looks. Sorry for the poor quality of the photo - it's night time but I thought a photo would help you.

• ajc9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mom2girls...very helpful!

My pic isn't so great either...late in the day and dark;)

I love the look of your three euro shams in front of your sleeping pillows. Yes, I think they are the same size as continental (26")? We sleep with four also...gotta have a 'hug' pillow!

• porkandham
    10 years ago

I have both. 2 king shams, 3 Euros, and 1 smaller monogrammed pillow.

Edited to add picture:

This post was edited by porkandham on Sat, Jun 29, 13 at 22:50

• prairiegirlz5
    10 years ago

Love that sunburst mirror and the lamps and, oh everything! :)

Is that a queen-size bed porkandham?

• porkandham
    10 years ago

prairiegirlz5 - Thank you! It's a king.

• sis2two
    10 years ago

porkandham- I love your bedroom! It makes me want my king bed now!

• artydecor
    10 years ago

I posted something like this last year, after we changed from a queen bed to a king.
    Here's what we did:
    1) Two king size pillows. To fill up the space by the headboard.
    2)Two standard pillows (the ones we we sleep with) go on top of the kings.
    3) Two euro pillows, facing outwards.
    4) A small lumbar pillow that goes in between the two euros.
    {{!gwi}}

• theclose
    10 years ago

We have a queen but I think I would do the same with a king. We each have two sleeping pillows laying flat behind a euro sham and a small lumbar in front of each euro. So many ways to do it! And sconces and ceiling fixture{{gwi:807}} were existing. Will change one day...

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by mamorella on Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 12:03

• pps7
    10 years ago

We have 2 euro shams with a small pillow as well:

This post was edited by pps7 on Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 12:55

• ajc9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, beautiful pictures! Thank you!

We moved in over a year ago and you can see our bedroom needs decor! Bedside tables, art, lamps ect....

I ordered three continental shams from the link I shared. I do like the simple look of two, though. They are on backorder so I'll have to be patient!

I'll keep building our bed after they arrive;). I'm hoping to find a really interesting throw for the bottom of the bed. Another texture or maybe a pop of color? My paint color is BM sharkskin - I love it but im finding its a bit tricky to accessorize with it...;)

• theclose
    10 years ago

I would definitely suggest a pop of color for the throw. I looked up BM Sharkskin to be sure of color- beautiful gray/green! I would use orange or yellow or blue as a great complementary color.

• ajc9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks mamorella! I was also thinking a blue or yellow. I've googled sharkskin as well. Just looking for the right shades...I think a soft yellow or pale aqua would be nice...

• pps7
    10 years ago

West elm has an assortment of throws. I like the idea of pale aqua.

• ajc9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks is pps...!

Ive been searching around and found the attached throw....

I think a pop of color would be nice...I guess I'm hesitant bc originally I was going for a serene look with creams, whites and the mushroom color quilt.

Do u think the aqua or taupe? If I don't do color in the throw, I'll pull it in somewhere else. I still have lamps, art and more pillows to pair with the cream shams that r on the way...

Thoughts?

Here is a link that might be useful: Throw

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths