Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jeannne 'd Arc Living

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 19:23

I came across this company while browsing Ebay for garden statuary. Actually the auction I saw was for an issue of their magazine, which I never knew existed. It looks like a beautiful magazine, much like what "Victoria" magazine used to be.

I also browsed their home site, interesting decorating items.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jeannne 'd Arc Living

Thanks for posting about this. I think I will buy one issue just to see how I like it.

o

Fun, does it appear like this is a new mag that began publishing January of this year or has it been out for some time? Where are you going to purchase your copy? from the website? I didn't notice that you could do that. I got the feeling it was from Denmark and not available here even in the English version, except on Ebay. I might be missing something here.

o

OMG, there's a Christmas issue (2012, scroll down), drool.

Geeze, these must be a hot item. People must be buying them off the news stands over there and putting them up on Ebay. $18.95 for one mag.

Here is a link that might be useful: mag link

o

Schoolhouse, I bought my magazine at the link below.
http://www.littlecottageshoppe.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Online Shop

o

Thanks. I did find that site last night and bookmarked it. Are you going to subscribe? lol If I had an extra $200 laying around I might.

Let me know what the magazine is really like.

o

I've begun to realize that I don't enjoy magazines as much as I used to, so I probably won't subscribe. I might try to pick up the December or Christmas issue, but first I'll see how the July issue I bought looks. I'll come back and tell you about it on this thread once I receive it.

o

I bought "Victoria" magazine's premier issue in 1987 and have never stopped my subscription (except for the short hiatus of the publishers). It's a mag I dearly loved but eventually lost alot to advertising, lately there can be a "Woman Within" catalog stapled right smack in the middle of the magazine. I wrote to them about that!

Anyway, what I guess I'm trying to say is I could never throw them away - even the newer ones; so I know what you mean about magazines. The only other one I've got hooked on is the "Cottage" series.

o

I have been getting the digital version of Cottage. I don't enjoy reading the digital version as much as a hard copy, but going digital helps with storage issues. I only discovered Victoria a few months before it went into hiatus. I have a few early issues that I bought on eBay. I tried the new version and found it too light on content, so I never subscribed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here