Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lena2350_gw

Will these Valances work?

lena2350
9 years ago

My slipcover furniture is finally here and now I need to decorate with wall art, lamps, throw pillows and etc. I would like to keep my windows opened up as much as possible and was wondering what everyone thought about these valances? Would they work with my furniture and entertainment in this room. Any and all feed back would be appreciated. Thank you

This post was edited by lena2350 on Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 19:27

Comments (17)

• lena2350
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am having trouble uploading more pic and can not seem to figure out how to delete this post since I cant add more pic. Sorry! So I figured out how and added some more pictures below. thank you again for any help and advice!

This post was edited by lena2350 on Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 20:25

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

just post your next picture in the next reply box they will still be in the same thread just not in the same post that is the way it is here at GW unless you post them from a photo site like photobucket

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

Love your new furniture. Perhaps it's time for something less formal than valances to coordinate with the slipcovers.

• lena2350
    Original Author
    9 years ago

my big window

• lena2350
    Original Author
    9 years ago

my entertainment center on the other end of the room

• lena2350
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is the valances I am considering and would like your opinions, I have black and red through out my house and like these but not sure if they will look good or not???

• lena2350
    Original Author
    9 years ago

closer look

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I love the fabric but I can't advise on valances or drapes because I am clueless when it comes to window treatments!

• oaktonmom
    9 years ago

Pretty fabric but I think there's too much black in it with all the white walls. It seems too stark. Besides, I think of valances alone to be more of something you'd use on a kitchen window. Why don't you get some pretty print panels to replace the ones you have now. You still seem to get plenty of light.

• desertsteph
    9 years ago

can you put that valance up on the rod (open drapes) somehow and post a pic of it?
    doesn't have to look all done right - can you pin it up there somewhere for a stretch of the rod? - it might give us a better vision...

• lena2350
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I wish I could put them up to try! However, I found these on ebay. I guess If I got them and did not like I could always resell LOL. I wish someone knew how to photo shop them

• yayagal
    9 years ago

Personally I think your room would look better with heftier drapes places beside each end of the window rather than over the window. The furniture in the room has a transitional look and the valence is quite traditional. I think the valence only calls attention away from the room at it's so contrasting. Look for a drape with an open subtle pattern or even a solid with some texture. Your slipcovers are great.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

I agree with yayagal, I would prefer to see off white panels on each side of your window to frame your pretty view.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

While the fabric is pretty, it is very dark. I'm not a fan of the shape either...it looks more like a valance for a single window in a bath or over the kitchen sink. I think your windows deserve something brighter and more substantial. But you are on the right track to inject some color into the room.

• tinam61
    9 years ago

Another vote for panels. Personally, I am not a fan of valances other than kitchen/bathroom.

Do you need light/sun control? If so, with your pretty slipcovers, I can see panels and bamboo type shades. I would also extend the rod out a bit so as suggested, you could have heftier panels.

• lena2350
    Original Author
    9 years ago

THANK YOU EVERYONE! With all your help I decided against the valances and will move on to trying out panels. It may take me awhile but with everyones help we will get this figured out ! LOL I don't need any light control as my windows are the Pella with the blinds in the middle of the window between the glass panes. Thanks again!

• oaktonmom
    9 years ago

If you're on a budget and have an Ikea near you, they have a really nice selection of panels that would work with your room.