Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynn237

This is a longshot but maybe someone here can help

Lyban zone 4
9 years ago

I took this hardware off dresser to repaint it as a tv console.
I must have somehow thrown out 2 of the pulls.
I have 6 remaining and would like to match if possible.
By any chance does anyone recognize them.
Thanks

Comments (12)

• jrueter
    9 years ago

I don't recognize them. You might try EBay or Etsy if you don't find a current supplier.

• mclarke
    9 years ago

Do you happen to know the manufacturer of the furnture? Is it marked on the back or the underside? Or... check the back of the remaining drawer pulls. Sometimes you can find makers' marks on the back... Good luck.

• Fori
    9 years ago

Is it from the '60s? Great shape pulls--hope your missing ones turn up!

• voila
    9 years ago

Go to the landfill and start digging.

• Lyban zone 4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the answers. I guess I will have to try something that is close but not a match.

I think what happened is that I was working on old newspaper to do my cleanup and paint and I must have rolled it up when finished and trashed everything.

I took a break from the project, so it is much too late to go thru the trash.

• robo (z6a)
    9 years ago

I wonder if it would be possible to use nice knobs to replace the top two pulls that are missing?

• Olychick
    9 years ago

That's what I was thinking, too- knobs on a couple of the drawers. If you gave us a photo of the piece, maybe we could help you find something coordinating?

• patricianat
    9 years ago

I went to Van Dyke's when I had a similar situation. I replaced the pulls with very different pulls from the same period and same type furniture, but one was a drop and the other misplaced ones were bail pulls. It worked fine. You might want to check vandykes.com or houseofantiquehardware.com just to see if you could find something doable.

• Lyban zone 4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks again everyone.
    I will be looking for some nice knobs to replace what was lost.
    I am in shock at the price of hardware today.
    Even the cheap stuff is expensive.

• mclarke
    9 years ago

Take a walk through ebay. Lots of people who refinish furniture sell vintage drawer pulls for WAY cheap. Just make sure to note the size you need. To get more than one pull, put the words "pulls" in quotes.

• Lyban zone 4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you mcclark.
    I just looked and you are right. So many to look at.
    I will be busy looking.

• joshuasamah
    9 years ago

Awhile ago I bought an old desk missing a drawer pull. I found a site called Robinson's antique hardware, sent a picture, and they were able to locate the pull at a very reasonable price. You might give them a try. Good luck!