Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Feet or Skirt?

Posted by zoey75 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 18:58

Which couch do you prefer?
Thanks!

Couch A (with feet) - the feet are much larger in "real" life.
Photobucket

Couch B (skirted)
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Feet or Skirt?

I like the couch with feet. It's a cleaner look on my hardwood floors and my Swiffer goes under it easily.

o

I like feet a lot better than skirts. (However, that's like I saying I like purple better than blue--it's not that one looks "better"--it's all about personal preference.)

o

I hate, hate, hate skirts because they tend to get dirty at the bottom if you don't have a rug or carpet to catch the dust before it hits the skirt. :(

o

I hate, hate, hate skirts because they tend to get dirty at the bottom if you don't have a rug or carpet to catch the dust before it hits the skirt. :(

o

I'm a skirt girl!

o

In this case, I vote for feet.

o

In this case, I prefer feet, because it makes the couch feel a bit less traditional.

However, not a fan of those particular feet - don't care for the little area on the bottom with the much larger area above. It feels like someone added the little pieces to raise the couch up, like the carpet cleaner does with the little styrofoam blocks while the carpeting dries.

o

FEET! And I am currently thinking through the same dilemma and the Swiffer comment just swayed me towards feet - thank you Knot! (Tile floor in my case.)

o

Love the one with the feet!

o

Skirt. Have a kitty who hides under the sofa when the angels start bowling. The total darkness gives her comfort.

o

Feet, but I agree it's just personal preference.

o

The feet have it.

o

I like both feet and skirts, generally. For your sofa I like the feet, as the skirt gives A sofa with that particular shape and height a country look.

o

Prefer skirts, because there is enough other leggy furniture in my LR. Also, because I also have a cat who uses that space to hide in safety if he's nervous about something.

o

I prefer feet/legs on my furniture. I also dislike bedskirts!

o

On that particular couch I prefer feet for a cleaner less Country look. I do have a room however with a very "leggy chair" and my couch fabric is a somewhat rumpled off white cotton; in this case, a skirt looks better-gives it a cozier more romantic feel to the room.

o

I like the feet and the fabric on couch "A". Could you tell me where it comes from? I'm on the hunt for a couch myself!

o

I'm like kswl, I like skirts and feet. I don't think you can go wrong with either of the selections. I do think feet are quicker to date a sofa or chair, however.

o

feet!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here