Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zoey75

Help Feet or Skirt?

zoey75
11 years ago

Which couch do you prefer?

Thanks!

Couch A (with feet) - the feet are much larger in "real" life.

Couch B (skirted)

Comments (19)

• knot2fast
    11 years ago

I like the couch with feet. It's a cleaner look on my hardwood floors and my Swiffer goes under it easily.

• bethohio3
    11 years ago

I like feet a lot better than skirts. (However, that's like I saying I like purple better than blue--it's not that one looks "better"--it's all about personal preference.)

• bird_lover6
    11 years ago

I hate, hate, hate skirts because they tend to get dirty at the bottom if you don't have a rug or carpet to catch the dust before it hits the skirt. :(

• bird_lover6
    11 years ago

I hate, hate, hate skirts because they tend to get dirty at the bottom if you don't have a rug or carpet to catch the dust before it hits the skirt. :(

• nini804
    11 years ago

I'm a skirt girl!

• ellendi
    11 years ago

In this case, I vote for feet.

• les917
    11 years ago

In this case, I prefer feet, because it makes the couch feel a bit less traditional.

However, not a fan of those particular feet - don't care for the little area on the bottom with the much larger area above. It feels like someone added the little pieces to raise the couch up, like the carpet cleaner does with the little styrofoam blocks while the carpeting dries.

• woodie
    11 years ago

FEET! And I am currently thinking through the same dilemma and the Swiffer comment just swayed me towards feet - thank you Knot! (Tile floor in my case.)

• sis2two
    11 years ago

Love the one with the feet!

• natal
    11 years ago

Skirt. Have a kitty who hides under the sofa when the angels start bowling. The total darkness gives her comfort.

• lolauren
    11 years ago

Feet, but I agree it's just personal preference.

• yayagal
    11 years ago

The feet have it.

• User
    11 years ago

I like both feet and skirts, generally. For your sofa I like the feet, as the skirt gives A sofa with that particular shape and height a country look.

• sable_ca
    11 years ago

Prefer skirts, because there is enough other leggy furniture in my LR. Also, because I also have a cat who uses that space to hide in safety if he's nervous about something.

• chispa
    11 years ago

I prefer feet/legs on my furniture. I also dislike bedskirts!

• pensivern
    11 years ago

On that particular couch I prefer feet for a cleaner less Country look. I do have a room however with a very "leggy chair" and my couch fabric is a somewhat rumpled off white cotton; in this case, a skirt looks better-gives it a cozier more romantic feel to the room.

• artydecor
    11 years ago

I like the feet and the fabric on couch "A". Could you tell me where it comes from? I'm on the hunt for a couch myself!

• Lake_Girl
    11 years ago

I'm like kswl, I like skirts and feet. I don't think you can go wrong with either of the selections. I do think feet are quicker to date a sofa or chair, however.

• LuAnn_in_PA
    11 years ago

feet!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH