Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jglobe

Does this color palette work with this room?

jglobe
10 years ago

I really like this color palette but am not sure if they will work okay with the walls and carpet in our new house.

Most of our furniture is not in this color palette (lots of reds which I'm not a fan of but free was free) so we'll be reupholstering and buying new.

Here's the color of the walls and carpet and I'll post my color palette ideas in the next post.

Comments (11)

• jglobe
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I like this palette or the one at the link

Here is a link that might be useful:

• jglobe
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No thoughts?

• randita
    10 years ago

It's hard to tell if the grays in the color palettes would work with the carpet. The carpet looks sort of light taupe on my monitor.

But I think the blue/teal shades would be lovely. I especially like the light silvery green shade third from the left on the palette above. It reminds me of SW Sea Salt.

I think any of the blues would work with a neutral shade that is similar to that of your carpet.

• sis2two
    10 years ago

I love the blues and teals and think they would look good with the carpet. Love your inspiration picture!

• pps7
    10 years ago

I think it will look fantastic! Go for it!

• Tmnca
    10 years ago

I think you can treat the carpet as the taupe-beige color in your palette/inspiration pic and use the blues on your walls and in your furnishings. You are painting the walls I assume?

• Olychick
    10 years ago

I looked like from your post that you intend to leave the walls the color they are now? Are they yellow? I think that will make a difference in the advice you receive. I love the color palette you've posted and think the carpet could definitely be the sand with all those watery colors, but I don't think I'd like them with yellow walls. I hope the color experts will weigh in for you.

• kswl2
    10 years ago

Love the color palette but NOT with those walls.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Of the 2 color palettes, I prefer the succulent hues. But neither of those palettes have your wall color in them. Your walls are very yellow/peach. Are you going to repaint? If not, then you should probably look for a different color inspiration.

Maybe something more along these lines which still has blue and works with the wall and the rug colors.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

It's hard to tell because the wall with the windows looks really yellow, but then the side wall doesn't.
    If it's yellow, maybe something like this:
    {{!gwi}}

• Tmnca
    10 years ago

The walls look peach to me, and wouldn't work with any of the combos posted IMO.