Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sophya_gw

Nedd advise on decorating the top of my refrigerator (pics incl)

sophya
15 years ago

I need your help on how to decorate the shelf above my refrigerator. I just bought the jar that's there now and love it. Don't know if I should stop there or add something else.

Comments (12)

• creekylis
    15 years ago

I like a bit of greenery to soften things up. Perhaps a plant (or a really good silk one) paired with your jar would be nice?

• blondiel
    15 years ago

A couple of matching pieces different shapes would be nice.
    The part of your kitche that is visible is gorgeous.

• live_wire_oak
    15 years ago

There's already way too much going on with all of the molding and panel details. A simple piece of greenery is the only accent that I'd even attempt and place the jar elsewhere in your kitchen.

• teacats
    15 years ago

How about a couple of small plain creamy white plates on stands on each side? Check out ArteItalica website for ideas .....

Or stand a plain white platter behind the jar (if there is room of course!)

Jan

Here is a link that might be useful: arte Italica website and catalog

• sophya
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for the quick responses! And thank you for overlooking my typo in the subject!!

teacats, I like your idea of the creamy white plates. I'm gonna try it and see how it looks. Also, thanks for the great link to Italica. I'd never heard of them but they have beeeeautiful stuff! **dreamy face w/ heart**

• phoggie
    15 years ago

sophya, What is the wood and stain of your cabinets?....they are lovely~~

• mkrzyz22
    15 years ago

wow, that is quite the fridge! I agree with a simple pottes plant like ivy.

• johnmari
    15 years ago

It's a very nice jar but it really disappears in that location - the color value is so similar to that of the cabinetry, and the intricate details get lost in the elaborate cabinetry/mouldings. I'd move it somewhere else where it is more visible and put something simple and light-colored there, like a narrow oval (echoing the upper curve of the niche) white platter placed horizontally on a stand. For example, from the Arte Italica catalog Teacats posted above, I'd look at something like the Pompeii Oval platter:
    {{!gwi}}

• mlraff53
    15 years ago

Love the idea of the white plates. Gorgeous kitchen! show us more...please!

• mitchdesj
    15 years ago

I'd see a larger pot or pitcher there, by itself, with a glaze or color that makes it stand out a bit, but not pop too much.

• mlraff53
    15 years ago

Oh how about a soup tureen? Look them up on ebay.

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay

• mrsmarv
    15 years ago

I suggest a few ironstone pitchers. They are usually very simple in design and always look lovely.