Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

It's A Boy!!!

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

Oh, no it's not.

It's just the bathroom color.

BM Constellation. Thought it was going to be a groovy, hip kinda blue that would work with my grays...OMG, It looks like a nursery is set up in the bathroom. (I did paint the walls and ceiling and it does look awesome on the ceiling)

I'm trying to keep an open mind....maybe when the dark floor is installed along with the cabinets that are newly espresso gel stained.

And when I add in all the spa-like accessories...

It looks a little better after I put the bamboo roman blind back up. You know, it darkens it up a little.

Oh Lordy, what was I thinking?

If it things turn ugly and I can't get over it, I'm thinking just going white. My poor family thinks I've gone bonkers and the entire house is "gray" (we all know better).

It's just so unsophisticated in there. I might as well have fish on the walls. And go with an aquarium theme.... :o

If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free.

No photos, they won't do any good. I'm sure I can't quite capture the glow of baby blue coming out of that room.

I told my dh not to even look in there. If he doesn't know that I'm struggling with the color of the paint, then he won't know if I change it. Good thinking, right?

Gotta run, just crushed tomatoes and they are now boiling....dinner awaits the hungry newborn. UGH

Comments (14)

• natal
    12 years ago

Sounds like my experience with Yarmouth Blue. Pics I saw before painting didn't prepare me for the reality. I'm guessing my natural lighting has something to do with its intensity. Unlike you, I can live with it, lol.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Wow--we used Constellation in our MB, and plan to use it (or 50% version) in our Master Bedroom as well. Ours was mixed up in Aura, matte finish FWIW. Def looks blue but not baby blue. In fact, sometimes looks greyer, sometimes even a hint of greenish-blue coming through.

• enduring
    12 years ago

Maybe beekeeper's eyes are blue so it imparts more blue to her sense of color. With cat_mom seeing greenish blue it stands to reason that with a name like "cat" she has greenish eyes.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

enduring, nice idea.

but, no.

Dark brown Italian eyes. (my Irish mom wished they were blue, I'm sure).

If only my opinionated college age son wasn't color blind. Even this blue he says "oh great, another gray room"....I nearly strangled him. I just went and checked on the room. And with the evening darkness approaching, along with the shade, it doesn't glow. Still really blue though. It is ok with the lights on in the room vs just the sunlight.

Still haven't let dh in the room....

• enduring
    12 years ago

To my DH, I read the section where you were thinking of not showing your husband the paint color, so that he would never know if you changed it. DH laughed; sounded familiar!

• prill
    12 years ago

I tried constellation too for my living room and thought it was very baby blue. I did read that a couple people really liked it for their ceilings.
    Good luck!

• skyedog
    12 years ago

I have tried blue on the walls over the years and to be honest it is really tricky to work with. I don't think it's just me either because blue never becomes really popular as a decorating color for very long.

If you lighten them up so they are not so, umm, blue, they get cold looking. If you warm them up they get dark. If you pick out the really nice, attractive, pretty blues they look like what you are describing. And I'm guessing the term unsophisticated was being generous.

If you end up with a limited amount of painted wall space showing after your cabinets are done it will really change the impact of the blue but if the walls dominate the space you might just have to repaint. Maybe the ceiling will still work for you.

• yayagal
    12 years ago

Time to get cracking on a new color, I've been there and it's not fun.

• biochem101
    12 years ago

Leaping dolphins.

Little mermaid shower curtain.

Seashell toothbrush holder.

And don't forget fuzzy pale blue toilet seat and tank cover set.

Okay, I'm done. ;)

• geogirl1
    12 years ago

I'm looking at Pebble Beach because it looks more gray than blue, like Constellation. Also like BM eternity too. Good luck! Bathrooms are small and easy to paint!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

ugh, my dh looked in there. Now he knows it's blue. ugh AND...he likes it. I have to admit, at night, with the unnatural lighting, it looks ok. But I looked again this am....

Business trip starting on Sunday for him.....and you may recall last time he left I repainted and redecorated the bedroom and our bathroom...

That's all I'm sayin'

• kadydid
    12 years ago

Oh no! He likes it? He's a guy though, if you repaint it he probably wont notice for a year lol

• sewwhatsnew
    12 years ago

Beekeeperswife, you are hilarious. I have so many blue samples since I've considered a sky color for both my master bathroom and washroom. Constellation ,was also suggested for my room. My decision still has not been made, but
    "It's a Boy " will always bring a smile when I see blue :>)
    I did paint my guest (grandsons) room BM Serenata, a pretty
    bright blue, and I do like it.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

enduring--howdja know (green eyes with hints of blue!!!). :-)