|I am ordering drapes for my my family room and I posted a while back about different pleat styles.
My decorator is encouraging french pleats. I am not sure if I like them but I could be talked into them. Do you think they seem formal? I kind of thought so, but she doesn't. She showed me several examples of them in currents mags, so I am assuming they are "current", and hopefully won't be soon dated.
The next question is about a return. She thinks they should have one, that it will just help them look more finished. Again, I am clueless here. I don't think I have ever seen drapes with a return, or if so, I haven't really noticed it. Does anyone here have strong opinions on that?
Last question (for now): In my other thread, les (I think) mentioned drapes with rings, but not pleats. I am having trouble finding pictures of this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance for your help!
|Sorry, this is a double post. Please ignore.|
|I just had drapes installed in casual and formal areas and used french pleats for all of them. I have always liked the look of french pleats, so that is what I ordered! |
My drapes also have returns. The french pleated drapes that came with my last house also had returns. I think it gives a nice finished look and they block the back-of-the-drape view you would get from certain angles.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here