|Hi--me again--sorry to barrage everyone with paint questions!
I'm thinking about painting my great room (vaulted ceiling, lots of windows, 14 x 17) BM's Birmingham Cream. This appears to be a warm and fairly light color. Any thoughts?
Also: thinking about painting my study, which is about 10 x 12, BM's Harvest Bronze. Is this a warm color? Is is so dark that it will make the room seem smaller? I ask because it's hard to tell from swatches and on-line virtual room views.
Any ideas in general for colors for a study of this size?
|IMO, next step is to get samples of the two colors and see what you think of them in the space(s). |
BC in a well-lit 14x17 space is going to feel, open, expansive, light airy.
HB in a 10x12 is going to cozy it up.
Typically that is how it would work out. Need to insert a *typically* because that's how those colors would translate for a majority of color tolerances.
Expansive, light, airy or 'seem smaller' are all perceptions. Whether it turns out that way depends on how you perceive it - how you see and interpret those colors in those spaces.
|Thanks, funcolors--great advice!|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.