Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color Help for Mint Bedroom

Posted by sailormass (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 17:48

Hi--I'd like to paint my master bedroom a cool mint color--not too blue but not yellow-ish either. I've been thinking about BM's Honeydew Melon or Fresh Mint. Anyone have any thoughts, or pics or ideas from mint bedrooms you have?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color Help for Mint Bedroom

I just painted my bedroom green, and after trying various colors, I ended up combining two Ace colors (1/2 formula of Hawthorne and 1/2 formula of Dusty Moon) in Clark + Kensington flat enamel. It's the perfect green in my bedroom. Out of curiousity, I brought the paint lid down to the Ace where I work to scan it with the color match eye and see what Benjamin Moore color would be closest to my color. The answer was Glade Green, which was very close to some BM colors I had considered. I wasn't looking for a mint green (more of a soothing but springy green), but I could see this color being called minty.

Here are some good pictures of Glade Green in the Master Bath, a little over halfway down the page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rachel's Nest blog with Glade Green Master Bath

o

Hey, Rachel--Thank you so much! What a beautiful place you have--reminds me of my old abode in NOVA (I used to live in Falls Church, now am a somewhat disgruntled New Englander). You've decorated it very beautifully and I'm grateful that you posted the photos because I had similar color ideas for the guest baths and hallway. You have wonderful taste--and isn't Home Goods great?

Thanks again!

o

I wish I could take the credit for the the Rachel's Nest blog, but I just happened across it when looking for pictures of Glade Green. She does have a lovely home, though, doesn't she?

o

Sorry, Jessicaml--obviously I hadn't had enough coffee--should have read your name! But thanks for the link!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here