Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

looking for a particular kind of curtain rod

Posted by cateyanne (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 17:41

I am in the process of getting up new curtains in kitchen windows. I don't want the curtains to cover up any of the woodwork surrounding the windows, so I really want an inside mount. But, I really like the look of decorative finials on the ends of the rods. The curtains will be attached to the rods with rubbed bronze grommets, so I'm looking for a rubbed bronze finish. I can go black if necessary. The only inside mount ones I've found don't have the end finials. Maybe there is a particular name for this type of rod, if there is such an animal?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: looking for a particular kind of curtain rod

i don't beleive it is possible to have inside mount curtain rods with finials You certainly would not be able to have your curtain cover the entire window if there were a finial.

RE: looking for a particular kind of curtain rod

You could probably do this with a ceiling-mout rod - you'd mount the rod to the top of the inner frame rather than the ceiling of course.

As mentioned, you would have a gap between the curtain and the side of the window due to the finial.

RE: looking for a particular kind of curtain rod

The closest type of curtain rod to what you are wanting would be Levelor's Twist and Fit rods or a tension mount decorative rod, but it's a double rod. You'll have to highlight this address and then chose to open in a new tab since I can't add two live links without using HTML....

Here is a link that might be useful: Twist and Fit Rod

RE: looking for a particular kind of curtain rod

The mount is on the inside, but the decorative finials are on the outside, not hindering total curtain coverage.In other words, a more decorative inside rod mount instead of the "unseen" rod that is usually what you get with an inside mount. I know I've seen them but can't remember where.
Justgotabme, that is close to what I'm referring to, thanks for that post.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here