Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Can I use the brand/color of bed in two bedrooms?

rockybird
9 years ago

Title should say:
Can I use the SAME brand/color of bed in two bedrooms?

Can the master bedroom and the guest room have the same bed frame? I have the bed below in my master and I really like it.

Unfortunately, I may have to temporarily move into a back guest room. The guy who moved in across the street drives ferraris! The noise is insane! It's like living on a jet runway. Last night, at 130 AM, I had to go across the street in my pajamas and ask him to turn the car off. He and another guy and a woman were running it in the driveway. His response was not very pleasant, but he did shut it off. He is leasing, so I hope he does not stick around.

I am hoping to incorporate the guest room into a master suite addition. The back side of the house is much more quiet, away from the road, has great views.

The other side of the house has a guest bedroom that I think I could at least temporarily move into. I believe it would be much quieter (with ear plugs), as my current bedroom faces his driveway while the guest room is way in the back of the house. Not to mention that my other neighbor seems obsessed with having people use weed blowers, waking me up early THREE days this week.

Anyway, I need to replace the bed as it is a very old mattress from my grandmother's house. The room is fairly small, but cute, with an 8ft. wide arcadia door giving views of the mtn.

What do you all think?

This post was edited by rockybird on Thu, Jun 26, 14 at 16:47

Comments (15)

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

Couldn't you just move it?

I would like to say "yes" but it could end up looking a bit commercial with two rooms and the same bed. Or, like you didn't want to pick out different furniture. It's a great bed though...maybe in a different wood?

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

If I had that many bedrooms all to myself, I would do two of them identically, but opposing orientations. That way I could switch rooms when I felt like pointing North instead of South :D

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

If you like it do it.....but I would do a totally different color scheme for the walls, bedding, etc...also use different night stands, dresser, etc.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Sorry you are having to deal with an inconsiderate neighbor. I hope they move soon.

If you like that bed, I would move it to the room of choice for now rather than buy a second one. Do you even need to have a bed in every bedroom or could you use the extra square footage for some other purpose that would enhance your day-to-day living?

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You guys are great!

I dont want to move the bed, as I am hoping it will quiet it down so I can sleep there sometimes. There are 5 total bedrooms and I need a comfortable bed for guests to sleep on anyway. Of the 5 rooms, one is the master, one is for my parrots, one is an office, one is a guest. The last room I am in the process of cleaning out. I had been storing stuff in it, but I have it almost all cleared out now.

I dont think I need more than two beds. I would purchase the above bed, or a different one, and throw out my grandmo's old guest bed. It is pretty worn out. Having more than two beds might encourage too many visitors! LOL.

• nhb22
    9 years ago

Have you tried sleeping with a white noise machine? You'd be amazed what noise it drowns out. If you already have one, get another and place between you and the window.

This post was edited by newhomebuilder on Thu, Jun 26, 14 at 22:47

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Sounds like you've got a good plan. It would be hard for me to give up the opportunity for variety in my decor, but I always say you should do what works best for you. So, if you love that bed and don't like any other one, then make your purchase and set up that back bedroom so you can get some uninterrupted sleep.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

I don't see why you can't use the same bed in 2 different rooms, but I'd decorate the rooms differently, especially in terms of color.

• camlan
    9 years ago

Not a decor tip, but you might contact the local police on the non-emergency number and see if there is anything they can do about the car noise. It sounds as if the car was idling in the driveway for a long time--at 1:30 in the morning, there may be an ordinance that would prohibit that.

And check the local noise ordinances. My town restricts the decibel level of leaf blowers and you can't use them before 7 am, 8 am on weekends.

I feel your pain. Someone with a very loud motorcycle has moved into my neighborhood, and they like to arrive home between 1 and 2 am. None of the neighbors are happy.

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Is there any way you could contact the landlord? I would also see how many of your neighbors are disturbed by this behavior.

We own various rental properties and noise has been an issue a few times.
    I don't think it is unreasonable to expect quiet after a certain hour.

It's terrible that the neighbor's lifestyle has to impact yours in such a negative way. Keep us posted.

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

Where is the law that you can't use the same bed in two different rooms written?

We plan to have basically identical beds in the MBR and the guest room.

========
    If he is leasing, let his landlord know he's disturbing the neighborhood.

And call the cops ... Ferraris are cool, and expensive, but deliberately making them noisy is not legal.

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone! The last two nights have been quiet and I have been able to sleep. I am hoping this continues! If it does continue, I will contact the landlord and police. My father is an attorney in another state, and he said that if the noise doesnt abate, we will have an atty. send a letter also.

I dont think white noise will work. This is incredibly loud. A harley without its muffler does not even begin to compare to this noise level.

I just havent found any beds I like as much as the modern one. I think the price is reasonable considering that it is solid walnut. I will keep looking for another alternative though. I need a decent bed for guests anyway.

• colleenoz
    9 years ago

How often do you have other people in the master bedroom to notice that the guest bed is the same?

• User
    9 years ago

How many people would criticize you for your bedroom décor? How many people would know you have identical beds in two different bedrooms? I can't fathom that being a problem in MY life but to each his own.

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

LOL I think I am going to get the same bed. FIrst of all, I know it's comfortable. Second, I like the minimalist look, especially since the guest room is small.

So a few minutes ago, I see a truck pull up in front of my house and a guy in a red shirt sets up a valet stand! Complete with umbrella! I was just getting ready to march out there when someone else in a red shirt pulled up next to him. He reloaded it and drove off. Thank god he had the wrong block! This neighborhood is much more busy and loud than I ever would have anticipated.