Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Changing the color scheme-help!

neetsiepie
9 years ago

My dining area and hall way need to be repainted. The point where they meet with the living room is all open to viewing in to each room, but it's not an open concept-there are definitely dividing walls.

I am head over heels in love with this color scheme. My living room is painted in the blue color, so the other rooms would play nice if I paint within this scheme.

Now, the dining area is open to the kitchen, but is definitely it's own room. The kitchen has cream and espresso cabs with black appliances and creamy walls. Both rooms have black trim-and the hallway has black bookcases and accessories-so black will be an integral part, but you can see it is an accent in this scheme. The blinds in the dining area are similar to those in this inspo pic, but I don't have WT in there.

What would be best for the dining area? I don't really want to match the kitchen walls-currently the dining area is a deep, deep red. We are NOT afraid of color! Would the green tone be too weird for a DR? What about the coral? I'm afraid that might be too fast food restaurant like!

The hall can go any color-I'm not married to any particular one, just want to keep it in the scheme.

I'm open to all suggestions-and color names if you don't mind. Thanks!

Comments (5)