Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Victoria Elizabeth!! You are at it again!

beekeeperswife
10 years ago

My daughter sent me your blog post about the Kingdom. I hope you don't mind, but I had to make sure that all your enablers here had the chance to read it!

Warning, as usual with all of her stories, do not have any liquid in your mouth when reading folks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Huge Mirror Blogpost by Victoria Elizabeth

Comments (35)

• graywings123
    10 years ago

Snort, snort! Out comes the Diet Coke. But I was warned.

That silence USED to make me insane. But now I see it as a stage in the Kübler-Ross model of acceptance.

• alex9179
    10 years ago

I would enable you, too! Hilarious post and my husband would say we must have been separated at birth. Especially the constant (almost manic) "CAN YOU BELIEVE WE'RE GETTING THIS?" about some alley treasure.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Oh my God, I about peed my pants. I am at work.....so glad I had no customers, though I did have a phone call that I had to stiffle my snorts of laughter through. I don't think Clifford (my potential customer) would have thought loud guffaws of laughter in his ear would have been acceptable. This is absolutely priceless....now off to call DD and tell her to read this.

Thanks Bee!

• CAGiselle
    10 years ago

TY a million times. My makeup is gone but so well worth it! I needed that

• hlove
    10 years ago

I was just today trolling craigslist for a large mirror for my front foyer....so timely and hysterical! Thanks for posting!

• User
    10 years ago

OMG..I hadn't looked at her blog in ages, Too funny...DH laughed with me:) He knows me and old chairs.

If you look at Victoria's mirror in place you can see the reflection of another one with large brown frame and a smaller version of the new one in her foyer...she is crazy !

iwantthatmirror ! c

• blfenton
    10 years ago

"Are you even seeing the same thing that I am?" I love that line. My DH never says it but he has the look that speaks the same thing.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

And you guys think I find good things on Craigslist! Wowsah!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Too funny! She really should offer some of these to The New Yorker

• crl_
    10 years ago

I showed this to dh in the hopes that he would recognize how sane and low maintenance I am by comparison. He refuses to admit it though.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Okay, I am about to drive a loop all around the city that is seven miles from Philadelphia. I mean, I live seven miles from Philadelphia but have not seen anything quite like her house in the neighborhood. I need to find it, walk in and admire the mirror.

• bestyears
    10 years ago

Ohmygosh, laughing my eyes out... and yeah, isn't it just the cherry on the cake that she doesn't even MENTION that she already has an insanely huge mirror??!?! When I saw it, I thought, "No, wait, that can't be...."

• User
    10 years ago

Big Sister mirror was lost and now can join little sister mirror. I had to do a double take on that. One has a crown.

• pps7
    10 years ago

Love it! I need to show DH. Makes me reconsider my habit of filtering craigslist posts without a picture.

This past weekend, a large mirror that I have coveted for over a year went on sale. I had to have it. But it would not fit in my SUV. So I had to beg my BIL to bring his larger SUV. It fit in BIL's SUV by less than an inch. DH gripped about the whole thing.

DH: where are you going to put it?
    Me: no idea, but I have to have it.

Any ideas on where it should go?

• maire_cate
    10 years ago

dedtired- I've often wondered where her home is. After she wrote about the old Biddle Mansion and buying her bathroom tile in Brooklawn I thought it might be Riverton. There are so many Victorians in town that I'd probably drive right past it and not notice it.

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

Love this, love her, love her husband for tolerating her crazy so she can share it with us.

And crl....that is a darn good idea.

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    10 years ago

Oh, how I loved that! And it was really *gulp* $280?

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Maire, we will have to go on a reconnaissance mission. She does talk about a house in Riverton in her blog, but I don't think that is the house they bought. I had a feeling she is in PA, but maybe it's NJ, IDK.

• noellabelle
    10 years ago

Such awesomeness! I showed my dh her last treasure and will have to share this one too. She has the most absurdly wonderful finds; I love to live vicariously through her. Plus it makes my cl requests to dh seem timid in comparison!

• ladypat1
    10 years ago

THis would make a good I Love Lucy episode. That one post made me subscribe to her site.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Too funny! It makes me wonder about all the treasures I missed by not looking at CL ads with no photo.

This post was edited by marti8a on Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 11:46

• natesgram
    10 years ago

Did you notice how perfect that mirror fit? Even the lightswitch still had room. She cracked me up when she said she was going to have a seizure! Funny blog.

• shanghaimom
    10 years ago

Oh, how I love these posts!! Make sure you read the one about the Big Rock while you are there. HILARIOUS!! The rock looks like a 3-foot Pillsbury biscuit.

Makes me wish I had something ridiculous to post on CL for free, just for the entertainment value.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

I can't stop reading...on one of the posts about painting, she captured my experience with picking out paint colors:

"In my mind, the light blue of the house would really be set off with something dark, but vivid. Classic, but different⦠kind of slate-ish but not too grayish⦠A magical, imaginary color that my brain created in my special, psychic-paint-mixing laboratory.

If youâÂÂre interested in my services, I will be happy to whip you up a distinctive shade that you will never be able to match or track down or specify to anyone."

Here is a link that might be useful: funniest paint post I've ever read

This post was edited by olychick on Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 13:01

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting her, Bee , she is terrific. I want to move next door to her and be her BFF. So let me know when you figure out where she is!

• ttodd
    10 years ago

I think I may be related to this person! Lol! Sounds like me and chandeliers but now I have too many and should probably move onto mirrors. All I have to say is that the day we were offered a furniture business complete w/ moving truck was the day I knew there was a method to my madness. DH still doesn't understand how I magically worked that deal while I was still an embryo in utero.

• Jbrig
    10 years ago

She is one of the funniest writers I have ever read. That one was even better than her blog about the Victorian wardrobe. Loved it! Thanks for the heads-up, Bee.

Now I am off to read more of her adventures...

• loribee
    10 years ago

Love it....!

• threeapples
    10 years ago

I want to be her friend, too

• natesgram
    10 years ago

Still in my jammies, I've been reading her blog ALL day. I could have been curled up with a good book but this was even better today. Love it.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Hilarious! I have been laughing so hard and now am going to read it again and share it with dh and dd!

• Arapaho-Rd
    10 years ago

Made my night reading this - thanks so much for sharing. Oh, what fun ... makes me want to go check craiglist right now!

• VictoriaElizabeth
    10 years ago

@Beekeeperswife⦠Mind? Are you kidding? I LOVE YOU.

I love you all, actually⦠especially since I got my first hate mail, and finding this thread was really the BEST gift I could have gotten.

For the people who wondered about the house in Riverton-- we didnâÂÂt (SO SAD) buy the Biddle mansion. It probably would have killed us, but we were both willing to make the sacrifice⦠but someone else bought it, and Paul said they are REALLY doing a beautiful job on it. I havenâÂÂt driven by⦠sort of hard to see someone else living in my dream house, AND having a million dollars to fix it upâ¦

• maire_cate
    10 years ago

How nice of you to post! It's rather thrilling. I have to live vicariously through your purchases since there's no room in my home for anything new, old or lust worthy....

I thoroughly love reading about your adventures and CL forays.

Actually Beekeeperswife is emulating you at the moment ............check out her latest post and discovery.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Beekeeperswife