Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
positano_gw

Need help with creamy cabinet colors

positano
15 years ago

Anyone used these colors? BM Creamy White, BM Lancaster WHite , and BM Monterrey White.

I'm looking for an off white that doesn't have too much yellow or pink. I tend to gravitate to the grey/greens too.

This was my inspiration picture...I'm scared to go that dark, but I love it. Not sure on the color in the picture.

Comments (11)

• positano
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oops, it's actually Lancaster Whitewash

• bestyears
    15 years ago

Look at this GORGEOUS kitchen with Lancaster Whitewash cabinets...

Here is a link that might be useful: Wonderful kitchen

• redbazel
    15 years ago

Positano, are you scared of that much color in your cabinets? I think it would be lovely.

Red

• positano
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Too funny, Mama's kitchen is a favorite of mine. Who knew the cab color was Lancaster Whitewash. Thanks for posting it.

Red, I really think I would love the darker color. It's so me and goes with the rest of the house. We are probably selling in about 5 years. Do you think that would put off buyers? Would Lancaster WW be better for resale?
    These would be new cabs that the cabmaker would factory paint(Adelphi), so they'd have the baked on finish.

I guess if someone buying the house didn't like them, they could paint them white!! Now I just have to convince DH.

Anyone else use creamy white or monterey white?

• Sueb20
    15 years ago

My cabinets are an off-white color, can't recall now what they called the color but they are Omega cabinets. I tried to paint my trim the same color as the cabinets and I ended up using Benjamin Moore OC-1 or OC-2 (I think it's called Natural Wicker, don't have my paint deck right here). I don't have a good pic that shows the cabinets and trim, but here are the cabinets. I like the creamy off-white much better than white-white, at least in my space.
    {{!gwi}}

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

sue,

Your cabinets are beautiful. I love the color. That is the look I am trying for as my house would call for a more creamy color than a true white as well. I really like your backsplash tile as well. What is it? And what is the name of your countertop?

• ponydoc
    15 years ago

sueb20

I like your backsplash too...

Can you share?
    PD

• Sueb20
    15 years ago

My counter is "Wild West" granite (and I know it also had another name, but of course Wild West is the one that stuck with me!). The backsplash is a slate mosaic called Fallingwater. In my old kitchen, it took me 4 years to pick out a backsplash tile. This time, I fell in love with this tile as soon as I saw it (though I had to look at every tile in every tile store afterwards, just to make sure!). Here's another pic that shows the counter and tile a little closer (this is on my island, which is cherry, not white).

Here is a link that might be useful: I didn't buy my tile here, but it's the same tile

• budge1
    15 years ago

Sueb, I just had to say I love your kitchen!

• positano
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sueb,
    Love your kitchen and the tile is beautiful. How is it to clean? The color of your cabs look great. Natural Wicker is OC-1. Do you think the cabs are close to that? Any other full shots of the kitchen you could show us?

• Sueb20
    15 years ago

Thanks, everyone. We love it too. It was part of a huge addition about 18 months ago and I feel like I'm just now recovered from it! The tile is NOTHING to clean. Maybe I'm not a messy cook, but I think I've had to sponge off something from the backsplash... hm, maybe twice. I did put sealer on it after a year, which was easy -- just sponge it on. We have slate on our powder room floor too. Yes, I chose the trim color (OC-1) because I was trying to match the cabinets, so I'd say it is pretty much the same color. Here are some other pics right after it was finished.

This is a pass-thru/bar area in between kitchen and dining room. Since it's sort of a separate area, I used different backsplash and a cherry counter.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

We have a mix of white and cherry wood. The island is cherry. All other cabinets are white. The backs of the open shelves are cherry. And, the counters in the pass-thru are cherry. I was nervous about light colored cabinets at first(3 kids, 2 dogs) but they're really not a problem. And the messiest area of the kitchen (sink/dishwasher/trash) is in the island, which is cherry.