Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fishfacenj

Looking for a light, warm blue...any ideas?

fishfacenj
15 years ago

Hi! This is my first post to this forum...I've been lurking on the bathroom and kitchen ones for a bit. We currently have a beige family/playroom with a dark brown carpet (was like this when we moved in). We're finally ready to change it. Will likely still have a dark, neutral floor, but want to add a little color to the walls. At the moment, the only color I can envision is a warm light blue, I guess maybe a robin's egg blue? The only other item that seems close is the blue of a Tiffany jewelry box! We're using Benjamin Moore paint...any ideas of colors to focus on? Thanks!

Comments (8)

• ttodd
    15 years ago

From the Historic Colors section of BM many people have used the following blues quite successfully:

Wythe Blue HC-143
    Palladian Blue HC-144

Try doing a search here for the above colors as I know I've seen lovely pics of them here.

A little bluer...
    Woodlawn Blue HC-147

I'm currently trying to decide between
    Salisbury Green HC-139
    Prescott Gren HC-140
    Hollingsworth Green HC-141

I'm trying to match a room color to these throws & solid pillows that are in another room & are about a soft Robins Egg blue. Prescott Green is nearly a dead on match.

• User
    15 years ago

I originally tried iceberg (SW) and it was just too pale. After much looking, I decided to try river mist valspar at Lowe's. I just actually painted a wall today in the guest bathroom and I think I really like it. Very happy color.

Here is a link that might be useful: river mist pretty blue

• daisyadair
    15 years ago
  • flyingcarrot
    15 years ago

C2 makes "Silver Screen" which is beautiful on the wall.

• Rudebekia
    15 years ago

SW "Breezy" is very nice.

• stinky-gardener
    15 years ago

"Sweet Bluette" by Benjamin Moore is a pale but warm blue. I did my master bath in it & find it to be very soothing. I was looking for a blue that did not lean to the lavender as so many pale blues do, or to the aqua, which I saw a lot of when I was paint shopping. I wanted a true,but pale,blue. You, however, may be looking for something w/ a hint of aqua as the Tiffany box has that undertone. That color is very "in" right now paired w/taupes & browns. Benjamin Moore's Affinity line has some great new fashion colors that surely features this "of the moment" hue, & the Aura paint by Moore is an excellent product. Best wishes w/ your project! Stinky

• fishfacenj
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, everyone! I have some paint chips to check out :)

Stinky, you're right, I think I want a blue that leans to aqua. My son's room (a fish theme) is BenMoore's Jamaican Aqua, and I know that's "too" aqua for what I'm looking for now. I know where to look, though. I love the name "Sweet Bluette" though!

• Sueb20
    15 years ago

Blue (esp. an aqua, IMO) is a cool color by definition, so a "warm" light blue isn't an easy order. Someone else mentioned Palladian Blue, though, and that is one of my favorites. I've seen it used successfully in a variety of rooms.

ttodd, I have Prescott Green in the kitchen of my summer place. The wall color was dictated by the floor (which is hideous but not able to replace it any time soon) so I wasn't initially that thrilled with having to choose it, but I like it a lot. I expected it to be a little more blue on the wall, but it's definitely green in my space.