|We have wooden blinds with fabric toppers. We are thinking about finding a replacement for the toppers. We'd like to have a darkening shade or curtain that can be pulled up. Any suggestions? |
I was hoping for a fabric shade that looks nice and goes on the outside of the blinds...maybe one that pulls down in a forward motion toward you- the over orientation rather than the under orientation, but I can't find anything.
The photo shows what I'd like in a rolling blind. I am not sure if this photo is a blind or not. (anyway it can't be purchased).
|That looks like a valance on a decorative rod. It looks stationary. There may be something like that out there, but I have not seen it. Blinds that roll need some type of hardware to make them work. There are blinds that roll up using strings, but I think they always have a curve at the bottom.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Blinds roll up with strings
|I don't know how a roller shade will work over a venetian blind....seems to me you may need a new solution entirely to accomplish what you want...or just put a valance topper to soften the look of the wood.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here