Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bedroom design

Posted by ky978152 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 30, 13 at 15:05

Hello!

I just received some awesome help for planning my living room so thought I would get some help with the bedroom as well :)

I currently have deep purple curtains (see attached photo, very similar) with matching throw pillows, and brand new white sheets/white duvet color. My curtains were expensive and the sheets are new so I need to work around these 2 things but am flexible with the rest. Again, it is a very small room, so I want the room to be crisp, clean and minimal but still have style and look pulled together.

Any ideas for paint colors? I was thinking a very pale purple on the same color pallet as the curtains but am open to ideas. Only thing I want to avoid is grey since my living room will be a light gray and the bedroom is off of the living room.

Also, any ideas for what I should have on the walls or ways to make the space look bigger?

Thank again!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bedroom design

I don't think picture is posted. If you go with a pale purple I think it should have gray undertones. You could also paint walls green...

o

yes, what joaniepoanie said... if you go toward green make that a light green of some sort, perhaps with greyish undertones to really make the curtains stand out and to help make the color flow from one room to the other, not a sudden or shocking change.

o

Picture?

o

Here is the picture that is close to the curtain color but I do not have a picture of the bedroom. It is a square room, very small, windows on one wall and closet doors on the wall across from the windows.

o

This is a strong purple....if it were me I would probably go with a pale, grayish lavendar so the two purples will blend. Going a different color, such as green, may be too jarring and become cartoonish. If the curtains were a pale, light purple, I think you could go with a different color.

o

You can go with a celery green...very pale

Or you can go with tan colors

Or you can go with a very soft blue or pale gray

o

Thanks so much- those visuals really help! I was looking for similar things online but I was having troubles. I like the idea of the blue, or a grayish lavender like joaniepoanie said.

Any suggestions about wall art/frame colors?

o

Art is very personal, and that should come last in the decor. You'll have to look around and see what you like...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here