Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azwildcats70

and now... the mud room

azwildcats70
12 years ago

So far, since moving into our home in February of 2010, we have remodeled our Kitchen, downstairs bath, stairs, deck, painted nearly every room and doing 95% of the work ourselves.

On to the next project, THE MUD ROOM!

Inspiration picture (ignore the ceiling and left wall):

{{!gwi}}

The Befores...

Comments (17)

• justgotabme
    12 years ago

Great potential. Looking forward to seeing the after. I hope you'll be keeping the floor. It looks to be in great shape.

• azwildcats70
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yeah, we love the brick floor. It's also in our adjacent Hearth Room.

• prill
    12 years ago

Az... Is that your kitchen floor, the pegged wood floor? Can you tell me what it is? Thanks.

• gmnolen
    12 years ago

Love the pegged wood floor as well as the brick floor. Beautiful transformation!

• justgotabme
    12 years ago

Wow love your kitchen and hearth room too.

• ratherbesewing
    12 years ago

What's that contraption next to the washer/dryer? Just curious.

• justgotabme
    12 years ago

ratherbesewing, I think that's a fancy cat litter box if I'm not mistaken.

• marvin55
    12 years ago

Really appreciable remodeling of kitchen, downstairs bath, stairs and deck. Good job. For the next project which is the mud room, you can use modern and fashionable furniture to enhance the room.

Regards
    Side tables for living room

• IdaClaire
    12 years ago

Marvin55, are you a spammer? Because if you are - and you appear to be - your advertising is not welcome here.

Azwildcats70 - Love the inspiration pic, and it looks like you're well on your way to recreating a very similar look. Your hearth room is swoon-worthy! Well done.

• azwildcats70
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Gang!

Sorry for the delay in responding... Dang day job!;)

Thanks for the compliments on the Hearth Room. I really need to create a blog of all the before/afters.

They are random width peg floors - I have no idea who makes them (they were here when we moved in) but if anyone knows, please tell me. I want them for when we do DH's loft office.

The contraption (love that word) next to the washer/dryer is a plumbed in Cat Genie. :D www.catgenie.com

I have more pix for you all. See below. I'm trying to decide on the paint colors. So the adjacent room is the Hearth room that has Berkshire Beige and Decorators White. I'm thinking BM Decorators White for all trim and wainscoting and BM Sandy Hook Gray for the upper. I also like BM Stone Harbor.

• azwildcats70
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Adjacent Hearth Room

Sandy Hook Gray

Stone Harbor

• azwildcats70
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Went to the paint store after work. BM Stone Harbor Matte and BM Decorators White Semi-Gloss it is! Will be painting all this weekend.

• azwildcats70
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Now I need lighting help. Select from those listed below or feel free to suggest alternates. :D

a)

b)

c)

d)

More progress pix:

• azwildcats70
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Or this one?

E)

• nanny2a
    12 years ago

Just love your progress thus far. It looks like it's going to be a wonderful and useful room, with great decor. Love that first light, tho it might be harder to dust. The last one is cool, too. The others all look too normal to me. I like a bit of the unexpected. Can't wait to see the finished mudroom!!

• azwildcats70
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Never posted my finished pix. (amazing what happens when you search your userID)