Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suewoman

Napa Valley Remodel Logistics Question

suewoman
10 years ago

Hello - would appreciate any references you all might have...as noted we are remodeling. This is a vacation home. In the past when doing a large out of town project, we have used firms that would receive all furniture/appliance shipments, inspect the goods upon receipt and store until installation. Do you all know of anyone in the Napa Valley area to provide such a service? I am sure there is someone in San Fran but we wanted closer. Other option is to ship to our hometown receiver and then move from here, but that is 2,000 miles. Thx in advance for your thoughts. You all are always full of knowledge!

Comments (8)

• lizzie_grow
    10 years ago

I'm sorry...I don't have any resources for you, but lucky you having a vacation home in the Napa area....love, love, love that area!!

• Tmnca
    10 years ago

Sorry I don't know any such services, but welcome to the bay area.

PS no one around here calls it "San Fran" - either "the city" or "SF" is used as short forms!

• chickadee2_gw
    10 years ago

Have you contacted any realtors out there? It sounds like something they would they know.

• suewoman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you lizzie_grow for your sweet comments. It is such a beautiful area and we look forward to sharing with family and friends. We have been vacationing for years out there, looking at property/homes etc.. and finally made it reality. Tinan - many thanks to you for the welcome and the tip to not appear as a newcomer. My husband was laughing at me. He said "you didn't put SF?" Feel free to forward any other local advice this way... Chickadee2 - great thought. We will talk with our realtor friend for referrals. We will be out soon, meeting with contractors and our architect, who we have known quite a while so will also seek his advice. I initially reached out to this forum as there are always so many great design minds who always seem to know how to get things done. Thanks again to you all for your thoughts.

• Tmnca
    10 years ago

How exciting! I love wine country, even though I'm not a big fan of wine... I just love the countryside. If you have not already checked out some of the smaller nearby towns such as Healdsburg and Calistoga, do pay them a visit. I love Sonoma, myself. The Oakland Grocery in Napa is one of our favorite stops for lunch.

I really have no idea why SF people are so reactive about the "San Fran" thing, but when we first moved to the area I got an earful when I said it once. So I try to spare all newcomers the same!

This post was edited by tinan on Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 0:13

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Some of the larger appliance stores will hold your purchases (from them) in the warehouse. Depending on where in Napa you are, Friedman's in Pleasant Hill carries all the major high end lines and their delivery area is wide.

You may also try to see if some of the storage facilities will accept shipments -- some will. Besides Napa and the smaller towns, check in Fairfield and Concord (or Santa Rosa). There are a number of these in Fairfield, along with movers, most likely due to the Military traffic at the AFB

• suewoman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello tinan and gooster. Thank you both for your comments. I am so sorry to be late in letting you know how much I appreciate them. I saw your posts but cannot log in from my phone (is that common?) and haven't been at my desk. Any, thanks again for the tips tinan. While we absolutely love wine, the countryside is the icing on the cake! Such a beautiful area with great weather, etc..Gooster, you have pointed me in the right direction so I have some great options now. Still looking and evaluating but at least I am on the right track. I really, really appreciate it. Thanks again.

• miclelee12
    10 years ago

I have listened about the student movers, they have offices here in Napa valley. Please get in touch with them and describe your needs, they may help you.